Welcome Everyone!

My name is Doug. Excited to learn how to use Blender and make some magic!

2 Likes

Just introducing myself. Iā€™m Matt. Just started the blender course. I plan on using these skills to create models for use in video game development, specifically in Unreal Engine 4.

Hope to meet some new peopleā€¦ maybe even some that possibly share a passion for video games.

Thanks.

Matt

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Sagan and I am pretty excited to get started with this course. Iā€™ve downloaded blender in the past but havenā€™t ever gotten anywhere with it.
I just graduated with a major in game design where i mostly focused on Maya for the 3d modeling software. I am hoping that Iā€™ll be able to use some of those techniques and skills on blender.

Feel free to say hello! Iā€™d be more than happy to start a conversation.

2 Likes

Good day everyone! My name is Jess, and I am a new student to the Blender Creator Course. I will start off by saying that I am not new to Blender. I already know most of itā€™s basic interface and functionality, but I am far from being a decent artist. I figured that I would join the course hoping to gain proper knowledge of modeling techniques, and learn better in-depth strategies on how to produce quality models.

My goal is to take the skills I learn from this course as well as other courses, and apply them to my career as an indie game developer. I want to start making basic games for me to build my experience so that one day I might be able to be hired as a valuable asset to an indie game development company.

I also intend to make as many friends and contacts as possible throughout this endeavor. Being in the gaming industry requires connections to many types of people from not just 3d artists, but 2d artists, audio producers, coders and several others.

So with that being said, if you are reading this and want to get to know more about me, let me know. Tell me about yourself too. What brings you to this Blender course? What are your goals, and where do you plan on taking yourself with your learned Blender knowledge? Feel free to ask me any questions. I look forward to meeting you!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Bryan Pachal and I am from BC, Canada. I am passionately interested in developing indie games for Oculus and other VR platforms. As an avid game player and new VR fanatic, I really know what I like but not being able to create anything is frustrating. I want to change that and develop some skills that hopefully will let me build the things I see in my head. I am hoping that this course will put me on that path. I am already familiar with scripting and other program languages and am excited to get into some unity courses, but first things first.

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Hello all. Iā€™m Jeremy Driskell, a web dev by day, aspiring game developer/designer by hobby.

I was recently able to play through an enlightening demo session using the new HTC Vive. I was blown away. As someone with some past training in film production and other multi-media experiences, I couldnā€™t help but realize how powerful immersion on that level wasā€”and how much I want to be involved in crafting such experiences.

So here I am (and on a few other courses) to learn what I need to really move forward with these. I donā€™t realy expect to be able to devote myself to all of this for a couple more year, but I figure that the more I get into it now, the better I will be set up when I can really pursue it in the future.

Cheers to you all, dreamers, crafters of memory and future minds! May you more forward with both great gravity, for you stand upon the backs of giants, and momentum, for you will shape the world!

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Xurxo
Excited to learn Blender 3D,create models, textures,animationsā€¦

2 Likes

Sup everybody,

Just got the complete course, hoping to get into some type of freelance game development, or digital animation. Very new to blender, only found out about it through running Ubuntu studio( if anybody knows the ins and outs of the audio area of that OS you would be a major help as wellā€¦side trackā€¦) but really just getting knee deep in the concepts this whole course has to offer, starting this course a month before school wanted to see how much I could cram.

Anybody in Li,Ny?

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Nikita and I am from Saint-Petersburg, Russia, though Iā€™ve lived in Canada as well.

Iā€™ve always been passionate about video games and consider them a form of art, perhaps even the highest form of it, which is just underdeveloped. Sadly, culture of consumerism often tries to lower games to crude forms of entertainment which is just sad in my opinion, but I believe that there is insane amount of potential in VR and video games in general, I wish it would be used for the good of the people. Just imagine what sorts of experience we could have with games in the future!

Nonetheless, games are only my hobby, not my career. I wish to learn 3d modelling in order to contribute to some ongoing modding projects, which I find extremely appealing. Maybe one day Iā€™ll even work as a freelance modeler or create my own game, but for now I want to help other people. The projects I am interested in are all connected to older games, so the quality of models is not beyond amateurā€™s reach. E.g. Daggerfall for Unity, which tries to recreate Daggerfall (1996) in Unity engine with a bunch of improvements: http://www.dfworkshop.net

So yeah, I mostly wish to learn how to create low poly 3d game assets, how to texture them, etc. And it includes all sorts of models, from characters to environment, animations as well. Hope this course will be a good start, at least it seems like a comprehensive guide into Blender. Hope to learn a lot.

All the best,
Nikita

Hi, Iā€™m Mike an iOS, macOS, tvOS, & watchOS developer living in NYC. Iā€™m looking to learn Blender for fun. Iā€™m most interested in working with lighting and textures. Before I switched to software I was a theatre lighting tech and I am interested in transferring my lighting knowledge from real world theatres to this virtual world.

1 Like

My name is Anton Camilleri, I used to make 3Dmodel with Maya and my goal is to develop a game:)

Hello everyone, my name is Hector and i am hoping to start getting a better grasp of Blender to hopefully one day start my own game development company

Howdy All, I am Ellen and I am taking this course because I really enjoy learning new skills and I not-so-secretly want to be able to design a video game for my boyfriend :slight_smile:. On top of that, I am a graphic designer by trade and just love trying new things.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brandon Level of 3D Modeling & Animation Experience = Beginner. Once I fully understand how to use Blender, my ultimate goal is to turn that knowledge into short and feature films.

1 Like

Hello hello! Iā€™m an avid PC gamer and casual digital artist. Iā€™ve never done anything with 3D modeling and really want to expand my skills. Iā€™m currently trying to figure out my next career move, preferably something in the digital art realm. Looking forward to delving into this course!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

Hello!

My name is Isabel and I am currently a graduate student working on my Masters in Orthotics and Prosthetics. Iā€™m actually taking this course because my masters research project is to create a set of educational O&P animations explaining difficult spatial concepts we encounter during O&P school. My end goal though is to own a company that develops orthotics and prosthetics patient educational videos.

Hello to everyone! My name is Tim and I have been interested in
Blender for years. My friend and I have always dabbled with graphical
programs, but he started long before I have. I plan on using this
course to catch up to him (and possible get further).

Some of my goals (starting rather simply) are to be able to create
simple objects. Iā€™d also like to learn how to create textures,
materials and UV maps. Animation seems a little scary, but Iā€™d like to
learn that also. Overall, I want to create my own assets and be able to
use them in the Unreal Engine.

I have a healthy stack of notebooks, mulit-colored pens and a desire to bring my ideas to life.

Thank you for giving my a chance and the opportunity by creating this course!!

Lastly Mr. Bridges. You did a rather great job of boosting my confidence in your earlier video (Vid:3 I think) Thank you!

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Missy.
Iā€™m an aspiring scientific illustrator and a zoologist/palaeontologist. Iā€™ve mostly worked on paper and in sculpture to create models but have just started using digital imagery and would like to learn 3D modelling to get into 3D printing, skeletal reconstruction, and VR.

Hi Isabel, that sounds like a fascinating project! I also work in the sciences and want to use 3D modelling, but for completely different purpose. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms