Welcome Everyone!

Hello Everyone,
My name is John Barradale. I wrote my first program and started to design a video game in 1969. My biggest problem was, the computers at that time all had a paper terminal and no monitor. I was long before my time.

1. Published author.
  2. Bachelors in Computer Science, programmer, Technical Support, 30 years of experience, several languages.
  3. Provided instruction to customers to computer store.
  4. Experimented with Maya, several trial versions, lots of drawings incomplete before trial ran out.
  5. Learning UnReal Engine.
  6. Experimented with many game editors, wrote a manual for Radiant Editor for Call of Duty Series.

Objective is to design a video to promote my next book. I also want to learn the entire process of designing a game.

Just started the course.

Thank you.

Hi!
My name is Oliwia, and I am from Poland! This year I will be starting university on a Games Art course, and I am currently in college on a Games Design course! I already have experience with 3D Modelling on 3D Studio Max, but felt I needed something else. My main ambition is to work as an Environment Artist one day!

Hi, Iā€™m Nathan. Iā€™m a mobile app developer whoā€™s looking to get into game development. I want to get a grasp on the artistic side of game-making because even if Iā€™m primarily a programmer, I donā€™t want my creativity to be limited to writing code.

Hey Hey Heyā€¦Hello World
Iā€™m so glad to be amongst a group of people with the most interesting goals for the Blender Courseā€¦ With no further ado 'What time is itā€¦?? GAMETIMEā€¦

ummm hello,
I saw on your introduction that you are a mobile app developer. I was just having a conversation with friends and the topic of mobile app clones came up. Are there really quality clones out there or is quality questionable?? sorry to bother you with question

Hey guys! My name is Oscar, from New York. So Iā€™m trying to break into the 3d Modeling/Animation community and this is one of my first forays into this world. I have done some research before, youtube lectures, pluralsight, lynda, etc and besides blender guru on youtube found the lack of project oriented instruction disappointing. Iā€™ve been looking for a more hands on approach and this course seems to be able to provide that. My goals are as follows. 1. Create visual accompaniments to the music my band and I create. I want to make richly detailed and almost psychedelic scenes that accurately represent the atmosphere of what we are creating. 2. I want to be able to handle the visual component of game development (not extremely interested in coding). I believe that there will eventually be a certain amount of coding that Iā€™ll need to understand in order to further this ambition but in the meantime I want to create models and animations for the game universe I am constructing in my mind. Iā€™m open to collaborating with others to reach this goal and would be more than willing to have a discussion to see if our interests line up. Good luck everyone, with all your future endeavors!

Hello all. Iā€™m Deepak. Iā€™m an independent game developer and currently working solo in my studio. Primarily a programmer but I do most of my art and sounds but at times I collaborate when my creative skills stop speaking to me. I have always stayed away from 3d modeling as I found them tools overwhelming & stuck to primitive shapes and minimalism. I know Iā€™m missing out on a whole lot so here now to do something about it and open some new doors for me and my games. :slight_smile:

Great to be here!

Hello, Iā€™m Trouble. I am more or less a complete newbie to 3D modeling who has always had some interest in trying to learn it, but Iā€™ve only just recently decided to get more serious about it. Primarily Iā€™ve been my interest is for hobby reasons, making models for programs like Source Film Maker or MikuMikuDance, but recently Iā€™ve thought I could also make some money off of it if I got good enough. Like maybe help make a video game or sell stuff in the Unity store. Iā€™ve got a long way to go before that, though, I guess.

Hello everyone, Iā€™m just starting out.
Iā€™m from Indonesia. I want to learn Blender to create 3D objects that would help me later in an illustration or graphic development. Or maybe integrate it to a website, who knows.
I like low-poly styles with soft colors. Still not sure how to say the phenomenon. Maybe the Dribbblisated 3D art. I donā€™t know. I canā€™t wait to get into it!

Hello all,

I have just started learning 3D as of yesterday. I am super excited to get to work on some projects and learn. Hopefully as this course goes on I will learn how to make my own objects so that I can put them in a game.

Hi, my name is Michael and I live in the state of Iowa in the United States. Iā€™ve always been strong on the coding side of things. I first started coding as a kid when I was given a toy called Pre-Computer 1000 that had a basic programming mode in it. I was curious about it and fascinated that I could make it do whatever I wanted. Itā€™s programming mode was a basic version of the language BASIC. I moved on to QBasic on PC and from there eventually taught myself Visual Basic, C++, and C#. Iā€™ve also dabbled in Java and LUA coding.

My first foray into game development came from the original Half Life game during my teen years. I found out it had an editor, called the Hammer Editor. So I got a hold of it and got into 3D level mapping and learned to build my own maps, which I greatly enjoyed. It was like the Pre-Computer all over again, except this time I was fascinated that I could build my own worlds in the computer. In recent years, I delved into the Unity Engine and taught myself that. I took Ben Tristemā€™s Unity course here on Udemy as well. I prefer to write Unity scripts in C#. During my time with Unity, Iā€™ve also dabbled with writing shaders and gained an understanding of how they work. I canā€™t make really fancy things like awesome water shaders, but Iā€™ve got that understanding of how shaders work which is still very useful.

Iā€™ve had an interest in game design for a very long time. Iā€™ve always loved how video games bring together so many different arts like story writing, textures, modeling, character and world design, sound and music design, and more. One problem Iā€™ve always had is that I can program stuff, but I couldnā€™t make assets like 3D models. Iā€™ve dabbled with Blender in the past via tutorials but didnā€™t get too far.

My biggest pet peeve in game design, though, is poorly designed difficulty. Games are supposed to be fun, not annoying or feeling like a chore. Games like Minecraft are awesome, as the huge amounts of gameplay time doesnā€™t come from lazy artificial difficulty. For example, Binding of Isaac on the other hand has large playtime merely because it lazily uses artificial difficulty. Here its in the form of heavy use of the random number generator and repetition via forcing you to retry a lot. Another pet peeve is people who say games are bad while having no idea what they are talking about. You know, like the idea that games make people violent or are a flat out waste of time. Nevermind the fact that the vast majority of people who play games arenā€™t violentā€¦ Or the fact that games can move people just like written stories and moviesā€¦

One of the most influential games for me was Nintendoā€™s The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (aka Zelda64) back when I was about 15 years old. It was a bit of an alternate reality for me in early high school as I was a loner kid who never fit in. That was probably partly because I had developed and was imprisoned by anxiety disorder (and obviously low self esteem), too. In that Zelda game, you are helping the people of Hyrule and this had a positive influence on me because it helped me see that people are basically good. I was also smart enough and mature enough back then to realize love and friendship are the most important things in life. Having few friends back then, I never took them for granted. In the end, nothing else really matters. Life is short, and those bonds and the power of the heart are by far the most powerful thing in this world, aside from God. Iā€™m not a strongly religious person, but I do believe there is a higher power.

Iā€™ve always wanted to use my strong compassion and empathy to create stories and worlds that move people. Thatā€™s difficult to do on your own though. I may not be terribly successful in the ā€œreal worldā€, but my intellectual endeavors have been. I enjoy learning new things about all kinds of different stuff, like science. So here I am today, trying to get a better handle on Blender so I can hopefully make cool models in the future!

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Emanuel, from Puerto Rico. I wish to learn as much as possible about game development, starting with 3D modeling and using Unreal Engine 4, maybe Unity later on. My favorite kind of games are 3rd person fantasy action games, such as Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy (14,15, Dissidia, etc).

Whatā€™s good everybody? Iā€™m Jeremy; Iā€™m here because I need a way to make objects in a more unrestricted way. I already know a good amount of parametric modeling, and I want something thatā€™s more freestyle. Parametric modeling has a tendency to be very uniform, square, and trying to get any sort of artistic shape is pretty difficult, if not just a HUGE time sink.

Hi all, my name is Roelof and I am from South Africa. My goal is to learn as much about game development as possible to be as versatile as I can be. I do not have any specific favourite genre or game but I want to challenge the boundaries of game concepts and design through creative solutions, one of these being procedural terrains.

I have used blender before but not much for game development, thus why I am joining the course. My goal in life is to end up being part of a game development studio that I was apart of at the start. Currently I am kicking off a project with a fellow developer but we will be in need of some art assets sooner or later and thus again is why I joined this course. I look forward to learning blender with everyone!

Hello. Just looking to learn how to do mesh models and if I will be able to create things.

Hello. My nameā€™s Nikita and Iā€™m from Astana (Kazakhstan). I have a Bachelorā€™s degree in aeronautical engineering (actually Iā€™ve just graduated). During my study I was really into 3D-modeling, using CAD systems and also CFD software. Nevertheless I have always wanted to develop myself in the Arts field, actually this is my goal. I have found your course as a brilliant way to start!

Hello, My name is Kaity-Anne Neylon and Iā€™m autistic. I am from New Hampshire and excited to learn how to make animated movies and video games. I hope to create a animated movie soon and I so glad I found this course. Itā€™s taken me forever to find someone who can teach me to use Blender. I am in college and my favorite class is programming for games. I want to make a video game before class gets out. I hope Blender can also help with my drawing skills I have none. Thank you for teaching Blender.

Hello there. Iā€™m Stefan from Denmark. Iā€™ve taught myself how to use Blender, and Iā€™ve been using it since 2011. Iā€™ve been teaching Blender to my students since 2013 so I am familiar with a lot of the features, but I am sure there are stuff that I have missed. I would like to see what during this course. I hope to get a good result on the final paper from this course. I love teaching 3D modelling and animation and I want to take this a step further to pass on the love to my students on an even higher level than now :wink:

Hello everyone!

My name is Ivan, IĀ“m from Spain and some of my objetives about this course are to learn about 3D modelling, improve my audiovisual skills and moreover working as VFX & postproduction edition.

I love videogames but this ainĀ“t my goal taking this course.
Cheers!

Hi everybody! My nameā€™s Luca and Iā€™m really happy to join this course, cause I will to be able to create videogames and interactive projects with new people and by myself. I want to pick my great passion and sharing with others in some different ways, and Blender is a ā€œtough friendā€ to make something incredible!

Good modelling for everyone! :grinning:

Privacy & Terms