Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I’m following the instructions from level 1. I’ve had this course for a while but had focused on some of the other courses from Ben, namely Unity and Unreal. My focus is more of a programmer/developer but I also have many design ideas and I think understanding Blender will allow me to create assets and scenes on the small scale so that I can create VR experiences to understand those better. I do enjoy 3D modelling, but it’s hard to split time between modelling and programming. Still, this course will help me in designing scenes, understanding textures, rigging, etc. If I eventually find an artist that is interested in helping out on some of my ideas this will help me discuss topics with them and focus on my desire to focus on programming. At the same time with things like Blueprints there is a lot that can be done if I knew the art side. So…here I am. I paused on the others so that I can better understand how to make the scenes I want. Then I’ll go back to the programming side and enjoy both worlds. Perhaps this can even lead towards more of the tech art side which I think is interesting. Anyway, I’m excited to get started.

Joe

2 Likes

Hi all, Tom from New Zealand here. Always had a keen interest in drawing and game creation so thought i’d jump on board to go down the path of 3d for game asset creation and other creative evdeavours.

2 Likes

Yo! My name is Katie and I am wanting to learn 3D modeling to become a 3D creator and animator. :slight_smile: I am taking a Fundamental Arts class this fall and after that a 3D modeling and Animation course in Video Game Design. I want to have at least a basic understanding before I jump into the field next year. I also want to learn this for modding Video Games (Like Skyrim for example) so I can make awesome objects and enjoy the video games even more! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi I am Theresa. I live in Mississippi. I am a traditional artist attempt to spread my wings into the realm of 3d art. I have be with making 3d models using Daz 3d. I am also a person who loves to create sustom content for the Sims 4 games. Thus far it has only be manipulating textures, but I have been trying to learn how to create my own meshes. I’ve been trying to learn Blender on my own, but I thought this course would get me up to speed. Look forward to learning and working with you!

3 Likes

Hi, name’s Michael. I came here to learn how to use blender to use in 3d printing and work on assets for animation that I wanted to try.

2 Likes

Hi all,

My James. I am taking this course because I want to be able to mark 3d assets that can be used for a game development. I will also be taking a course on the Unreal engine, but I want to make sure I can create the assets for it.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Matt, my name is Jess. I plan to do the same, except I am learning to use Unity first, and then UE 4. What kind of assets do you want to specialize in? General assets, weapons, buildings, props? Where do you plan on taking yourself with modeling? Plan on making a career out of it? What drew you to modeling?

3 Likes

Greeting Sagan, I am pretty excited to start this course too. My name is Jess, so nice to meet you! What school did you graduate from? Like you I am already familiar with 3D modeling, and I pretty much already know the basics Blender, but nothing advanced. The only technique I know is the box modeling technique. I know nothing about how to use NURBS, or any other methods. I am hoping this course will help me to go above and beyond my modeling skills. Where do you plan to take your career with this course?

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Jess. My goal is to become my own independent game developer by first learning modeling, and then learning to code with Unity. Looking to make new friends on here, so feel free to hit me up!

3 Likes

Hey Jess,

Yeah I’m doing this to build a foundation for myself as a game developer. I want to do buildings and props, etc. Mostly level design stuff to start. But am not limiting myself to just that. Like you, I want to get the modelling down then get to the programming. I’ve dabbled in C++ but will be working to learn Blueprint in UE4. Will likely get the UE4 course by Ben after this… though I’ve been in UE4 already and feel fairly comfortable with the interface and moving around the world editor.

is there a way to private message on here? I’d like to chat with you more considering we share a common goal and interests.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Nholl and I live in the Philippines, I just enrolled and will be starting the course in a bit :slight_smile: I’m a bit familiar with blender and wanting to learn more to use it for various things such as 3D printing and game development.

Looking forward to learn with you guys! :smiley:

2 Likes

That sounds exactly like me. Just want to start off with buildings, props and level design. I will have to see if there is a way I can message you. Is there any special projects that you are working on? Any ideas of what you want to make, or do with both your Blender and UE4 skills?

2 Likes

Hi Katie, sounds like you have you have a great plan. My name is Jess. I’m following the same path by first learning to 3d model and animate, and then design games. Skyrim is one of my favorite games, and I would eventually like to get on the Skywind team. So tell me a little about yourself. What got you into modeling and game design?

2 Likes

Greetings Nholl, glad to be apart of the course with you. Like you I am familiar with Blender, but I would like to know much more about it beyond the basic functions and interface. Hopefully better modeling techniques and forms. What do you plan on doing with your skills in modeling and game design? Where do you see yourself going with them?

2 Likes

Well I loved video games since I was 4 (SNES and Game Boy good times… :wink: ) and I always had a passion for art. Went to a expensive art college back in High School and tried out 3D Max… completely fell in love with it! I loved doing the detailed work and shaping something to life. I want to make sure I know the basics of art though before I get into the career hence why college. :slight_smile: And what about yourself? What made you want to design games and animate?

P.S I just checked out Skywind and wow! That is amazing!

2 Likes

Hello, I plan on being a freelance 3D modeler at the same time helping our team in creating assets for our Indie game.
I might actually go with programming later on as a part of improving skills.
This is gonna be a long journey but hope to find a proper path along the way :smiley:

how about you? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, Tyler from Winnipeg, Canada here… I want to learn more about Blender so I can make assets for games. I already know programming, so it made sense to do my own art as well since the game programming community is non-existent around here.

My main goal is to develop games either as freelance, indie or as part of a team.

2 Likes

Hi, Matt and Jess. My name’s Michael. I also just enrolled in the Blender course. Like both of you, I plan to use the skills provided in the lectures for Game Design. And, like Jess, I plan to switch to URE 4 after some time in Unity. As for Matt’s desire to meet people who have a passion for gaming, well, here’s one right here.

Some personal favorite games of mine are Xenoblade Chronicles/Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shovel Knight, and pretty much the whole Katamari and Shantae series. I’d like to know yours, both of you!

Here’s hoping to a great class,

Michael

EDIT: Sorry, I did this before I read any of the lectures. I saw that the first thing I was supposed to do was do this, and thought it meant before watching any of the videos.

My ambition is to make Games with as little flaws as possible. I.E., When I’m making a game of my own, look at problems that have arisen in the past, or could arise, and avoid them ENTIRELY.

2 Likes

Hey Michael! Glad to meet you. Awesome to meet yet another passionate and aspiring video game developer.

Huge fan of Shovel Knight here as well. But I’m mostly a graphic junkie so I’m really in to the 3D stuff. Last of Us, Uncharted are a couple of my top games. Between the sound, stories and characters along with the graphics. They are masterpieces in my opinion. Last of Us was just fantastic and more recently, Uncharted 4, was phenomenal.

As a non artistic person I’m trying hard at blender. I think I’m entering section 3 now. I understand my way around it, the challenge for me will be visualizing what i want to create and then thinking my way through the steps to make it a reality.

How old are you Michael? Where you from? Feel free to private message me so we can speak further about our common goals.

3 Likes
 My name is David. New to the blender scene. Any tips and tricks please hit me up with them. Any help i am, up for.
2 Likes

Privacy & Terms