Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone, I’m Sara, I’m from Oklahoma, and I’m taking this course as a way to learn a new skill and hopefully apply it into some aspect of game asset creation and to create my own content for mesh in games like Second Life. I’m brand new to this sort of thing so I expect I’ll have lots of questions along the way! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hello! Im Cintia from Brasil, Ive graduated in “Digital Games”, but unfortunately what Ive learnt there is not enough for me to create a game, so Im here to learn extra stuff. :slight_smile:

hello, i wanna rn how model stuff on blender, and plan in future work creating enviroments

I’m also a returning student. I bought this course last year, but lost momentum about halfway through the creation of the chess set. Like Chaiachino above, I’m also interested in creating assets for Second Life. The chess pieces, and a few other odds and ends I uploaded there, look pretty neat in-world

Hello everyone! I am named Sophia Thorpe and I greatly enjoy painting and sculpting. This course will be quite nerve-wracking as I have never used the computer to create artwork… I am extremely excited to learn though! This motivation is mostly due to my ridiculously handsome fiance, Timo Sturm, an amazing programmer who is trying to introduce me to the world of technology. I wish him all of the luck in the world because his cutesy behind will need it.

1 Like

Hello Everyone. I’m Kuldeep Kumar and a mechanical engineer by profession. I worked with companies for 7 years but left the job recently for making my career in Animation and 3D modelling. I want to develop my interest(animation) as business. My goal is to learn and apply all the features of blender and collaborating them with my ideas into animation and gaming. Looking forward for full help and support from the newbies and the professionals.

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Miguel and I’m willing to learn how to use Blender

Hello everyone, my name is Josh and I’m interested in learning Blender for my own use and interest, but also to support my learning in engineering during my CAD tutorials. I feel like Blender will definitely help me through this.

1 Like

Heyho,

I´am Henry from Cologne, currently a filmstudent who is interested in making games. Nice to meet you, good work and have fun!

Salutations!

My name is Ferdinand. I wanted to take this course to learn Blender. I’m not familiar with it at all and I want to learn how to 3D design and do animation in it. The purpose to learn Blender is to widen my skills as a content creator and freelancer in the board game industry. I currently use programs like Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro. I hope to learn a lot from this class.

Hello, I’m Colton, I’ve recently started this course hoping to be able to learn to use Blender and to create and entertain. I’ve always felt like I’ve always had a creative desire, but I couldn’t find a way for me to express it. About a year ago I took an interest in animation and eventually I learned about rendering. So when I heard about this class I couldn’t resist but to give it ago. I’ve really enjoyed it so far and I can’t wait to see what things are like here in community. Thank you for this opportunity.

Howdy, I’m Kevin, from Texas. I’ve done 3D in some form or capacity since the 90s, but Blender is a whole universe unto itself. Gotta keep up with the Jones though and I’m looking forward to the journey.

Hi guys, I’m Izzy. I’m a high school senior working on some game development stuff through the Unreal Engine, and I wanted to get some experience with 3D work. All this is totally new to me, so very excited!

1 Like

Hi everyone my name is Max and I want to learn blender for animations.

Just made it through Basic Object Transformation and I threw these two things together as per request. I’ve got a long ways to go, haha:sweat_smile:

Howdy-doodely-doo.

3DsMax artist here for many years (since 2000) taking this course to branch out into Blender. I enjoy modeling characters and a variety of organic or hard surface model subjects. I prefer to make something with a stylized aspect but realistic modeling is fun, too.

Hello everyone!

My name is Brandon and I’m a level and video game designer and developer. I’ve worked on game projects for a good many years now, mostly in a level design, programming or technical artist role. I’m familiar with 3D art, and started my 3D work with UT Editor for UT2K4, quite a number of years ago, and picked up Blender shortly thereafter.

Since I moved on from the world of modding to work professionally, I have spent quite a few years programming, and making games, and little time modeling. What modeling I have done in the past 5 years or so has been done almost exclusively in Maya.

I co-own and co-manage my own independent games company called Legendary Gameworks, where we have decided to adopt Blender as our official modeling, animation and rendering tool. Because we are currently working on a lot of art-heavy projects, and we’ve chosen Blender as a core part of our pipeline, I started this course to get a refresher course on Blender and it’s features, and to get a more thorough understanding of the tool so that I can become a better 3D artist for when I have to wear the “Art Director” hat.

On top of that I’d like to get good feedback on my work and meet new people. I always love to meet new people.

As a prelude to this journey, I’ll include a cup that I modeled and textured this week. To serve as a measure of my progress:

Hi, my name is Stephen Dickey, I am a graphic designer and a developer from Banff Alberta, Canada. I am currently working on my own board game, http://www.steampunkarena.com. I want to use blender in conjunction with unity to port my board game to the occulus go. I am an amateur 3d artist having used 3ds, maya, revit, autocad and zbrush in the past. I am better at hard surface modelling then character and skeleton design, I am not great at partical physics and animation. I am hoping to improve on these as well as establishing a workflow that allows for a stronger synergy between Unity and Blender.

I am also interested in voxel design, but this is for a project later on down the road.

I work as a brand consultant at night and I run a print shop during the day, my favorite activities are mostly to do with learning and I plan on completing this and other courses focused towards vr game development over the next few months.

Hello,
My name is Karan and my goal is to make video games on my own or with a small team. however, I really love multiplayer games since they are challenging so i would like to make a game similar to battle royal but with my own created assets and models.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,
I am Victoria Arvizu I have always been really interested in games since I was young however, it wasn’t until I went to college for music when I thought about maybe developing them myself. I learned a few things and was able to come to a point where I created a small working game for my B.A. capstone with a major emphases on the music I composed for it.
At this point I realized I really enjoy game design so I am exploring it further for now. I hope to be able to make a few more of my personal projects as short term goals but maybe land in a development team at some point as a long term goal.

Privacy & Terms