Welcome Everyone!

Glad to hear it! Typical of me to delve into too much detail and err on the safe side! Ah well, upgrading is easy-peasy. Mind you getting an older version to load on Linux Mint wasn’t a cake walk. Until I got the right version for my processor architecture - i686

Blender looks to be the right tool to get creative in all sorts of ways. And free! I have a background in Rhino but the price is prohibitive esp as I’m retraining due to chronic illness. And although Blender is free , the stuff that you can produce is truly superb. I hope you have a great time with it!

Me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am a CAD technician from U.K, (Mechanical engineering bias on Various Autodesk mediums). I really enjoy modelling and want to learn other packages.
My short term goal with Blender is to learn it and start creating animations, My long term goal is to be a rival to Disney/Pixar / Dreamworks. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to achieve this, the main thing is that I have started. :grin:

Have a nice day.

Ads.

Good morning, everybody!

I’m new to the Blender scene, although I have some past experience with 3D modeling via 3DS Max. It’s been years, though, so I’m essentially starting from scratch! I tend to struggle with depression and a lack of drive, but I’m working to motivate myself through this course so I can take steps towards what I want to do with my life.

What would that be, you might ask?

I have a few paths I might want to take in life, and I haven’t quite settled on one particular yet.

• I want to get into 3D modeling and printing, eventually producing professional-quality product to sell on websites like Shapeways (dice, minatures, jewelry, trinkets, etc).
  • I have dreams of making my own video games - but who doesn’t? I’d like to own my own indie company one day, and it would help if I were proficient in a few major design roles.
  • I enjoy working on concepts for tabletop games, and I’d love to actually bring some of them into production.

So, here’s to making some of these dreams come true!

Also, here’s a husky!

1 Like

Just a quick introduction. I am a new student in the Blender course and new to game development and digital design in general. I am hoping I can follow along and get into a groove. I am helping my boyfriend with game development for a game he has interest in developing. I also have ideas for my own art as I am a 2d traditional artist (oil paint, watercolor etc).

Hello, Thaheer here and I actually bought this package a year ago, but completely forgot about it since I had to reset my computer and all the data got lost, but I’m back and restarting this whole thing. I’m just a high school student trying to find something to do. I still don’t know what I want to do as a career, so I’m struggling to figure that out. Maybe this could be it, idk. And I live in the U.S.

What’s popping my guys,

My name is Hector and I live in the good ol lone star state of Texas. i am really looking forward to modeling and creating artwork that I can actually be proud of.

I want to delve into creating my own creative models that I can incorporate into my passion to create indie games. I also consider this a pretty cool hobby or skill to pick up and enjoy and I’m really looking forward to that!

Hello Everyone!
Just getting started in Blender to support my Unity courses. I will be joining the facebook group today as well. Hope to see some of your work so far. I am not the best artist in the world or maybe even in my town. We will see how well I do.

Hi

Thought I’d pick up some skills with 3D modeling to help with my illustration hobby for backgrounds and machinery.

Hi everyone!
I joined the course because I would like to learn the finer points of Blender so that I can take my videos to a higher level and so that I can be more helpful to my team on the independent game we are working on. But, more importantly, I want to learn skills that I can use for future endeavors as well!

Thank you Mike! An old school visual artist, I am eager to see what you can create digitally! -Jan

Hello, I am fresh to the blender scene and I am here to learn mostly how to get smooth textures and models.
But im sure I will learn plenty of other stuff along the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tryin to learn Blender so I can make super beautiful models :heart: I’ve done BlenderGuru’s doughnut and anvil tutorials so I’m not a complete beginner :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone! I’m here to learn Blender so I can develop my skills here and apply them to a video game idea that I’m currently building. I am a application developer and am curious about exploring new opportunities.

1 Like

hello
i’m 22, and form São Paulo, Brazil.
I started using Blender a few weeks ago, and I hope to learn a lot from this course.

Hi all, my name is Geraint. I’m 39 yrs old and just trying to learn 3D modelling and texturing so that I can make some weapons for one of my favourite games - the Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim!

Hello everybody!
I’m 21 years old from Arizona and my name is Bagel. I first worked with Blender in my high school multimedia class where I got the briefest of introductions. I’m really looking forward to seeing myself improve and making friends along the way!

Let’s all do our best!

1 Like

Hi everyone.
My name is Tyler. I’m an American living in China. I’ve used Blender a bit, but I’m taking this course to help gain a more in-depth knowledge of how to use it more effectively. I’m interested in making animations and games. I also want to meet some people and maybe make some kind of a dev team, because teams are the best.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Ahtysham from Pakistan, i am a youtuber and i make kids videos! i am willing to learn Blender to take my youtube career to next level. I have never used blender before but i am pretty sure this course is good enough to make me a Pro user.

Privacy & Terms