-Vector3 vs Vector3.back

In this video we copy the line Vector3.forward and change Vector3 to -Vector3.

Is there a specific reason that we are using the negative on the vector3 as opposed to Vector3.back?

Hi,

No, there is no special reason. I assume Rick wanted to show that we are able to do some vector maths here. In our case, Vector3.back is the same as the result of -Vector3.forward. :slight_smile:

See also:

I also just implemented this with Vector3.back … It’s just mathematics, wherever you want to factor in that “-1”; still, one could argue that sticking with Vector3.forward makes sense as well: intuitively, this is saying “we’re not changing the rotation axis, but we are changing the rotation value” where a negative value indicates rotating in the opposite direction …

But well, tomato to-mah-to :slight_smile: Depending on how you look at it and formulate it, I think both can make just the same amount of sense :smiley: (you could say that a rotation cannot be negative, so it’s the axis that has to flip if you want to rotate in the other direction)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms