UnityHub prompting enter safemode when creating project

Hello!

When I’m trying to create the project as demonstrated in lecture, after the project is created and upon the first time I open it, the unity hub will say there are compilation errors in the project and suggesting me enter safe mode…
图片
The only thing different than showing in lecture is I’m using Unity 2022.1.21f1, it’s the only Unity2022 version I could find in Unityhub…

Does anyone had this problem?

You can select ‘Ignore’. Then Unity will load as usual and dispay the compilation error in the console. You may want to try and fix that error

This is on creating a new project?
This sounds like there is an issue within that version of Unity itself. Alternatively, it could be a path issue if the path to the directory is too long (happens sometimes when the project is in the Documents folder, as the true path isn’t Documents/YourProjectName, it’s more like Users/%username%/Documents/YourProjectName, or if there are special characters in the path… unfortunately, most file systems are somewhat Alphanumeric in their implementations, and any special character (anything not the English a-z, A-Z, and 0-9) can cause file aquisition errors.

Try creating your project in a directory closer to the root. I put my projects in
C:\UnityProjects

Would that be Unity 2022.1.21? That version is buggy and I recommend not using it.

See Unity 2022.1.21f1 URP bug; don't upgrade project if using URP! - #2 by Brainwaves_to_Binary

Online searching suggests some later 2023 beta versions have the same bug.

Yeah but their were like 75 of them… I have no idea how to fix

Sorry it’s not, here’s the version:

That’s the version. I made a typo. Will edit my comment to fix.

I shifted to 2022.2.0b13 which actually worked for me, there are issues on shader and material version though, the skybox seems not able to convert to newest urp material, but it’s working so I’ll leave it like that.

1 Like

It’s pretty rare that a version of Unity is bugged out of the box (basically, you couldn’t fix those compiler errors if you wanted to because they’re in package code that Unity won’t let you edit). Generally, finding another version is the key to fixing that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms