Too much Compile Time

Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (F:\UNREAL REMASTERED\BullCowGame\Bulls And Cows).
Building BullCowGameEditor...
Using Visual Studio 2017 14.16.27027 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023) and Windows 10.0.17763.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
[Upgrade]
[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
[Upgrade]     bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false                 => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
[Upgrade]     ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error   => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
[Upgrade]     PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs   => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/BuildTools/UnrealBuildTool/IWYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting 'DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;' in BullCowGameEditor.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
[Upgrade]
Building 4 actions with 12 processes...
  [1/4] BullCowCartridge.cpp
  [2/4] UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.lib
     Creating library F:\UNREAL REMASTERED\BullCowGame\Bulls And Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BullCowGame\UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.lib and object F:\UNREAL REMASTERED\BullCowGame\Bulls And Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BullCowGame\UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.exp
  [3/4] UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.dll
     Creating library F:\UNREAL REMASTERED\BullCowGame\Bulls And Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BullCowGame\UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.suppressed.lib and object F:\UNREAL REMASTERED\BullCowGame\Bulls And Cows\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\BullCowGame\UE4Editor-BullCowGame-0645.suppressed.exp
  [4/4] BullCowGameEditor.target
Total time in Parallel executor: 160.10 seconds
Total execution time: 161.80 seconds

My compile time is taking so much longer, I had tried that technique of that .target file but it worked only for a while and after adding the 1000 words I think it’s taking a lot of time.

See here
Slow compile times after adding word list on BullCowGame

I Don’t Get it what to do in that link.

• Stop #include'ing “HiddenWord.h”.
  • Rename “HiddenWord.h” to “HiddenWordList.txt” and move it into your Content directory.
  • Remove all of the C++ syntax from the file so all you are left with is words separated by new lines.
  • Use the code in the linked post.

This code populates the array on the first line with the words inside the file called “HiddenWordList.txt” that’s in the content directory.

TArray<FString> WordList;
const FString WordListPath = FPaths::ProjectContentDir() / TEXT("HiddenWordList.txt");
FFileHelper::LoadFileToStringArray(WordList, *WordListPath);

Thank you very much!
My compile time has gone again to 9 secs. But I don’t understand the code that is written for that.
Can you please explain me?

I don’t know what’s wrong but unreal is crashing when I try to play the game

LoginId:b54079db4afe2267512a8e9fcb781145
EpicAccountId:8474f26e39874be18fb1610faa90741b

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:E:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal\UE_4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614] Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_BullCowGame_8169!DispatchCheckVerify<void,<lambda_d9669f054266b6b3e8446f76d13c9846> >() [e:\program files (x86)\unreal\ue_4.24\engine\source\runtime\core\public\misc\assertionmacros.h:168]
UE4Editor_BullCowGame_8169!UBullCowCartridge::SetUpGame() [f:\unreal remastered\bullcowgame\bulls and cows\bullcowgame-starter-kit\source\bullcowgame\bullcowcartridge.cpp:37]
UE4Editor_BullCowGame_8169!UBullCowCartridge::BeginPlay() [f:\unreal remastered\bullcowgame\bulls and cows\bullcowgame-starter-kit\source\bullcowgame\bullcowcartridge.cpp:14]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

I explained in my previous post, which part do you not understand from that explaination?

Because

1. You didn’t put the text file into the Content directory
  2. You named the file “HiddenWord”
    The code is looking for a file called “HiddenWordList.txt” in the content directory
    const FString WordListPath = FPaths::ProjectContentDir() / TEXT("HiddenWordList.txt");
    // ../BullCowGame-starter-kit/Content/HiddenWordlist.txt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms