Fixing Compile Times Makes GetValidWords Stop Working

Hi! I ran into the issue where adding the array of hidden words drastically increased my compile time. I attempted to follow Dan’s solution here: Too much Compile Time

Doing that seems to have worked in that my code compiles and runs and my compile time is reduced again, but now the GetValidWords function seems to no longer work properly, in that it returns 0 results now. Here are some screen shots of my code to try to help:

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 12.07.54 PM

Thanks for any help you can offer!

That’s a little odd. Can you show your txt file? Doesn’t have to be the whole thing, just what’s on screen should be enough.

Ah, that suggestion triggered me to look closer at the txt file myself, and now I feel a bit foolish! It looks like the problem was I left a tab at the beginning of every line in the txt file, which presumably caused the code to exclude it for having too many “characters”. After removing the tabs and running the code again it’s all working as expected now. Thanks for the help Dan!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms