The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 9: 2017) Organic model

Just to switch things up i choose an organic model or character for this weeks theme… can be an animal, a cartoon character anything living or that represents a living thing. So the range is broad of what you can make! Make your favourite cartoon character or favourite animal or plant ! Bonus points for something funny with a bit of humour added in !
Remember this weekly gallery is for people of all skill levels! Post your work here even if its your first week at Blender, no one here is critical , we want to see your work, everyone here is out to help each other, give constructive criticism if wanted and have fun! So please no matter your skill level from professional to people starting today we all want you to be a part of this gallery and join in on the fun and learning!

7 Likes

Hey =D first time i take part in a challenge around here i think it was about time. So i made deers cause that’s what came to mind and made them a little habitat too cause i haven’t really done full scenes so far and maybe i should do more seeing how this one turned out :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Nicely done for a first try. :smile:

2 Likes

I really like this, nice work - and well done for stepping up for the challenges - great to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mihaela, i really love your art style in everything you do …this scene is soo cool and very well done i could see this scene in a LP video game or animated movie ! You are an artist of some sort that has wandered into Blender right? And methinks yeah you should do scenes …lots of them as you are already great at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Miss_B, @Rob thank you :slight_smile: it means a lot and @rszarka yeah i’m an artist of some sort haha studied art at university more precisely photography and bit of other visual stuff and that just makes it more fun to play with the composition :slight_smile: I wandered into Blender cause of a friend, i had an experience with Blender before taking the course and that didn’t go so well as i didn’t know where everything was even tried to make a deer at that time and was just a mess so it was funny to try one again now that i got used to Blender.

1 Like

Beautifully done Em, always good to see more of your work :).
like how you got the light to look like a shaft through the canopy.

2 Likes

@OboShape Thanks, well the light took a lot of playing with :slight_smile:

1 Like

No matter how many times I’ve tried, I’ve never been able to capture this photo. So I made it and now I have one :smile: Still trying to understand how hair is shaded in Blender though.

Just so there’s no confusion, here’s a shot of the 3d view.

12 Likes

woah! @NixeKnox, I had to read what you wrote several times before I didn’t think this was a photo! Really nicely done!

1 Like

Woah damn , nice nixeknox! You guys are on fire this week!! Really nice job !

2 Likes

HolyMoley @NixeKnox!

My scroll wheels broken now, up and down comparing that two, when you mentioned photo, i thought thats what it was!

Now that is really impressive work doths cap in your direction :+1:

2 Likes

@Mihaela_Emilia This would look like a nice low poly survival game! :wink:

2 Likes

…has a bit of a Deer Hunter feel :wink:

Doe! Oh deer…

…I’ll get my coat :smiley:

Dragon is hunting for deer and butterflies!!

7 Likes

@OboShape :anguished: I’m sorry! I did not mean to break scroll wheels. I just wanted to show that there were real images involved in the making, perhaps that’s why it’s been mistaken for real. Blender Guru does say the secret to photo realism is using real images.

2 Likes

@NixeKnox
lol, Must watch more of his stuff, that technique definitely shows off your work amazingly well :slight_smile:

(disclaimer : no actual small rodents :mouse2: or inferred likenesses herein :mouse_three_button: were harmed during the browsing of this thread )

@James_Ran
Thats a really smart chinese inspired dragon there :dragon:

3 Likes

@OboShape Thanks, Darren :slight_smile:

I would have liked to spent more time on the scene and colors, but I didn’t want to lose myself in it! I haven’t set up a UV map for the dragon yet since I might adjust it again before putting it into Unreal.

Chinese Dragons are pretty cool to me because I like how they kinda flow/fly about in the air. And it will be fun to animate later. I’ll probably have to rely on Unreal’s particle system for any breath abilities though.

@Mihaela_Emilia @NixeKnox I know I sent my Dragon to eat your creatures, but I will still say I love both of them and the scenes.

3 Likes

Amazing work by everyone this week!! really great work, you guys rock!

1 Like

@Mihaela_Emilia really really Amazing work! Pure awesomeness :clap::clap::clap:

Nice work everyone

@NixeKnox Nice work the butterfly looks awesome!:smile:

@James_Ran i hope the butterfly and the deers are delicious :joy:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms