The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

Was about to write the same thing. I also hear his voice! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow, Geenie would be proud of this work. It looks just like him. I can almost hear his puns, shouted, so that they’d be heard over the fireworks. I like the design of the fireworks by the way, it’s a really nice idea for the background.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!! :smiley: For the fireworks I actually followed this tutuorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1SZZAF8dlM (about 9min)
It’s pretty simple and even better looking when moving :wink:

2 Likes

The character course has a dedicated re-topology section (but I’m not there yet). It also has everything else you mentioned. I believe Grant Abbitt’s personal Youtube channel has a couple of free tutorials on re-topology which others have vouched for.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’ll look into it. And yeah, Grant Abbitt is awesome ^^

1 Like

Maybe to get some (last moment …) inspiration from 2017

Have fun !

3 Likes

Another Render, just for fun. Maybe this way guessing the movie would have been a little harder? ^^

10 Likes

Nope, still hearing Robin William’s voice.

Great render tho :+1:

2 Likes

Haha :smiley:
“… tadadaaa… mmhmhmm… tadadaaa… mhmm… you never had a friend like meee!”

1 Like

Here is the first 10% of my submission :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This was a “funstrating” submission to make, it was fun posing the different characters. However, as I said before, it was rough getting there, but once it was all sorted out, it was really cool bringing the models to life when posing them, all in all, I’m really happy with this one!

13 Likes

@Jaco_Pretorius Wow sounds terrible! Thanks! I’ll put it on the list of movies I never want to watch, right next to Human Centipede. :+1: :laughing: Awesome render though! Great lighting and reflections, and it definitely has a sinister vibe even without your description.

@Ducaluk This captures the mood of the film quite well. I like how you just show a bit of the xenomorph too, the same way the film used it sparingly. Kind of the “don’t show the shark” Jaws technique. Do you prefer Alien over Aliens?

@Sblendid Wow that’s a dead-on recreation of the genie! Nicely done. I might even like the second render more, but the face in the first is so good.

@Capricas_KiritoLooks like the grill of an old muscle car. Too early to guess still, but maybe Bullit? Or some other movie about cars … :thinking:

@Ethan_Martinez I think these are from series of movies but I’ll guess specific movies in the series just for fun.

1. Star destroyer and Jedi with lightsaber are definitely Star Wars. I’ll guess Return of the Jedi since the lightsaber is green.

2. I can see Iron Man, Thor’s new weapon (Stormbreaker?), and Thanos with all the stones on the gauntlet, so I’ll guess Endgame.

3. The eye is Sauron, I think. So LOTR, I’ll guess Return of the King.

4. That’s definitely a LEGO figure, but I can’t figure out why he’s orange. I’ll just guess The LEGO Movie because it’s awesome. Everything is awesome!

5. As for the balls with the stars, IDK, but they look familiar! I’ll guess something from Disney and/or Pixar

2 Likes

I know only Star Wars! Show mine in the process. Any guess?

12 Likes

Thanks Tyger2!
Yes, don’t watch it. Haven’t seen Human Centipede either and have no wish to but that’s only a horror movie. Horror movies are lighthearted comedies compared to some “art-house” movies.

@Blest: Erm, I wanna say Home Alone, but its not… it it? Is it a movie or a show?

It’s more like tv series, you’ll see, when I’ll finish…

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist. Spend two hours on this one. A movie from 1973. Still hanging around in my mind …

In the world ravaged by the greenhouse effect and overpopulation, an NYPD detective investigates the murder of a big company CEO.

10 Likes

Soylent green is … :wink: :raised_hands:. A nice movie but many many years before I was born :rofl:.

@Tyger2 it was indeed to idea to just tease it, but we all know what is going to happen :grimacing:. Yes I prefer alien over aliens although I remember being a kid and really loved the action in aliens. I think the first movie does a perfect job with it’s setting, exploration and tension :grinning:

2 Likes

Not sure what the movie is but nice submission!

Thought about doing an old favourite so I could model Robocop or the Terminator but went with my real favourite movie.

9 Likes

Is it Amelie?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms