The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

This may be the perfect opportunity to go bigger, usually my submissions are done in a few hours in one day, but possibly with this mashup idea, I could expand that into a longer length project, which should be an interesting thing to do since I’ve never done one in these collabs.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea! It also helps avoid having to choose just one movie, which is the step I’m stuck on, since I also don’t have a clear cut favorite. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

2 Likes

That’s ironic since you suggested the theme :slight_smile: in my case, I can’t think of any favourite movie(s), but I got a pretty neat idea of what I can make. I can’t wait to finish and post it here.

3 Likes

Congratz to last week @Tyger2. And awesome idea! Really hard to choose which movie(s) to use!! My mind is already filled up with so many ideas!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to what you come up with!

2 Likes

Joo Dee says there is no movie in Ba Sing Se. She must be right.

Sorry if I broke the rules a bit, but I hope you’ll appreciate my project.

10 Likes

Cool, nice cartoony look!
And clever integrated with the environment.
Although I am not quite unfamiliar with asian movies (mostly martial arts movies) I have to admit that I do not know which one it might be… first thought was disney’s Mulan, but I don’t think this is it. :thinking:

2 Likes

Guess the movie ??

HInt - Its a type of sake . (i dont refer to name of movie )
Will also try to make something else during the week .

15 Likes

How did we both pick something related to asian culture? :joy: Nice design by the way! I can’t tell what movie it’s from, though.

How did you make the string and the knot? When I zoom in it looks so detailed!

1 Like

1 Like

Bravo! :tada:

With this post i sent my entry :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Not sure… but I’m gonna say Kimi no Na wa, I can’t think of another movie where sake takes an important role.

@Ducaluk Kinda hard, but I’ll say Alien.

3 Likes

I can’t pinpoint the movie, but I’m pretty sure it’s something sci-fi. Maybe taking place on a spaceship? May include traces of aliens.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure at first but now that I spotted the monster on the right, I can say that for sure it’s Alien, nice submission!

2 Likes

Well, not ready to make my submission yet but early prototyping looks good. for those who want to follow my progress you can see it in this post.

Just one look, a splitsecond and a voice in my head was shouting “Alien” at me. I realized the Alien itself a few seconds later :joy:
The ambient would have been enough to recognize, but I thank you for putting in the xenomorph
:+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Also didn’t have a clear favorite… so I chose a movie that left a lasting impression… unfortunately that also ended up being one of the most trauma-inducing movies I’ve ever seen. I apologize if you recognize this and it triggers any discomfort. Saw it long ago before there was something like IMDB to warn me about what to expect. It’s one of those soul-shattering types of movies that makes you want to phone your mom to tell her that you love her.

Hint: A generally well-acclaimed but incredibly disturbing French movie from about 2 decades ago that you would struggle to recommend to anyone because it features traumatizing topics and you cannot un-watch it. Imagine a maddening, low, droning sound.

14 Likes

@Jaco_Pretorius You did a great job making the scene that defines the movie. It’s indeed one of those scenes in a movie to never forget ! (and i knew it in an instant -> Irreversible) great job!

1 Like

Damn, I was hoping it would be too obscure to guess.

Well done for guessing correctly :clap:, and my condolences to you for having experienced that movie.

Well crafted movie - but damn, did they have to traumatize me just to make the point that I should be happy with what I have??

Privacy & Terms