The Blender Collab: Week 21 Themed Gallery (“Perfect Garden”)

The flowers are really nice! They are a bit hard to see though, because it’s so dark.

Did you also model the leaves and the grass? I mean, do they have geometry?

3 Likes

So lovely! Though dark.

2 Likes

Here’s my final rendering of the perfect garden, there are a lot of things that I should fix but time is running out, so this has to do.
This weekend I’m going to do a bit of study on joints.

8 Likes

Thanks, I was rushing the render late last night. Got up in time to do a new one. I was having issues with the white petals being too bright. In the light of a new day turning the light UP balances them to the rest better than my node based attempts to dull the petals down. lol.

Snowdrops and their leaves are all modeled high poly. Soil is sibdived plane displace mod, plus image, normal maps made from a photo. Old oak leaves are a plane fitted to the outline hand shaped up and down a bit, and just a photo just mapped on. Not a built texture like the soil. The base flowers and their leaves I made earlier in the year. Taking photos of petals dissecting the flower heads to get as flat a one as possible. The inner petals have an inside and outside difference. Plus all have the inner stamens etc. Hence I ‘knocked’ one over to show that. For this scene I hand tweaked several petals to add individuality from the five base flower stages. most pronounced and obvious on the knocked over one.

I thought this one would be quicker, having the many weeks work of the base flowers ready made. Sigh, sorting the scene out even so took ages. Still not happy with the soil plane hdri join line. Still it made me have another got at Materialize. More fighting textures and nodes stuff.
Will update image lighter in a bit. First try rushed, lol. mow see something else I wanted to fix.

Added close up.

9 Likes

Nice pictures! How to make voting post? Help me, please!

Click on the gear and then Build Poll.

THank you!

No problem. The rest takes a little fiddling to get it how you want it. I wasn’t able to get mine exactly how I wanted but close enough is close enough I think.

I did something wrong

to have the poll show the thumbnails you have to put the image links like that:

I thought I did it, there were no images. I try once more)

What do I have to input: address of the picture or address of the link? -I tried both, no thumbnails

I right-click on the image in the thread and pick “copy url link”, then paste it in the field “from the web” of the image tool here in the edit box

Edit: in the preview on the right do you see the thumbnail as you’d expect them? Cause if you do it right you see the image straight away there, as in my picture above

When I made mine, I saved each picture onto my computer. Then when making the poll, I just dragged and dropped them into place. Maybe try that?

Thanks, I’ll try

When I want to build a poll, it asks me to 'enter one poll option per line". I can/t put pictures there, and can’t make a pool

you can click on “insert poll” and then it switches to the regular editor.
To add entries you have to type a “*” in a new line inside the “poll” tags and then you add the image the usual way

sorry for being stupid, how did you choose “poll type - regular chart” . My options are: single choice, number rating, multiple choice. Which is right? Number rating?

I picked “single choice” and “after vote” and left the rest as is

I did it too. Single choice, on vote, bar, then it asks me to enter one poll option per line there and does not allow me to go to the regular editor. I can’t insert it. May be you can do it instead of me?

Privacy & Terms