The Blender Collab: Week 21 Themed Gallery (“Perfect Garden”)

Great submissions everyone!

2 Likes

Progress pic

Trying to make this wooden Buddha carving as a stone garden statue:

Here’s what I’ve got so far. Just a block of the basic shape:

I’m going to try to sculpt it. Not very good at that but can’t get better without trying.

It was kind of a tough topic for me to decide what to make (I tried doing a fountain with fluid simulation, but oh boy was that a can of worms). I like that though. Part of the challenge :muscle: :robot:

You guys have been submitting some awesome stuff! Nice work!

10 Likes

Nice basemesh :slightly_smiling_face::ok_hand:t2:
If you just want practice a carving way, then it’s good to have it one piece.
But usually it is more practical to have like the legs or arms or head separate, so you can work on it without affecting the surrounding shape.

1 Like

Ah, that’s smart. Do you have them separate objects while you sculpt?

I started to do a little sculpting…

then I got distracted by scenery and textures :man_facepalming: :laughing:.

Still a ways to go. Will try to do more sculpting tomorrow.

11 Likes

@Tyger2

Nice progress :+1:t2:
Yes, usually I have them separate objects and in the end Boolean them together.

2 Likes

Here’s my Mars Garden! When you’re looking at the only garden on mars, It must feel like it is perfect!

9 Likes

Hahaha! At first I was really puzzled at how this backdrop could be part of your perfect garden, but then I just laughed after reading your description! I feel like your scene would benefit a lot from a reddish hazy backdrop, or a black star filled sky. Still good job! It’s only missing Elon Musk on a folding chair! hehe

2 Likes

Amazing work everyone!

Well said

ohhhh yeah, Elon Mush on a folding chair… I’ll try to do that tonight! It not finished yet, I had to cut the corners a little, my computer did not like the treatement it had last night when rendering that thing lol. It was laggy like hell when I was working on it at the very end. I wanted to add a few flower and some structure too but I don’t know if my hardware will agree… It may as well just melt in agony! I have a few more days to make it better, I’ll try to use them wisely! Starting with some optimisation I guess!

1 Like

Reminds me of the movie “Silent Running”.
Silent_running

1 Like

Sculpting progress pic.

The face is pretty bad, but I’m making some progress. The stone texture kills some of the fine details, but I think that’s covering up some of my poor sculpting, so maybe it’s good. We’ll just say I was going for that weathered stone look all along! :laughing:

Started to get into the sculpting though, and it was pretty fun. I can see why people like it. It’s a totally different feeling compared to box modelling. Feels more like drawing.

11 Likes

Never seen that movie, I made a few improvement tonight, I redid the martian ground to make it more realistic, playing with a few new nodes that I didn’t knew about, hopefully I’ll have a sky tomorrow! I would like to make a volumetric one, but as I never tried, that might be the thing that will make me miss the deadline…

2 Likes

Have you tried the Dynamic Sky addon? It’s pretty good for a quick and easy sky.

Stone Buddha wishes you tranquility in your perfect garden.

Here’s my finished submission for this week. [Background image from Textures.com]

I’ve still got a lot to learn when it comes to sculpting, but it was fun. I’ve seen a lot of good posts recently coming out of the Character Creation Course. Maybe I’ll give that a look when I finally finish the Complete Modeling Course.

Cheers, gang! Can’t wait to see the rest.

11 Likes

I want to see him in a real garden!

2 Likes

woh— this is really looking good! Great job!

2 Likes

A garden is not complete without flowers and grass .
If possible i would like to modify my entry i also did some composting in blender and here is the result
i am suprised to see how compositing changed the whole look of the scene .
i did change the dimension of the image from 1920 x 1080 to a 21:9 rato of 2560 x 1080 , cause it gives more cinematic look to the scene .

11 Likes

Made some change to the landscape yesterday, I think this is more marslike that way, still a lot to do. I’ll try to fill the space inside the dome and get some vulumetric dusty sky somehow.

7 Likes

EEEK time nearly out. lol

No warnings this week.

Snowdrops. Harbinger of spring.

Edit, update brighter.

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms