The Blender Collab: Week 17 Themed Gallery "Temperature"

Alright so i’ve been reading a lot of comments that you people would like to join in on something like a little weeky challenge. Well, wait no more, let’s get this started. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us, including me, are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun and get together.

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

1. I will begin with choosing a subject.
  2. You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
  3. Post your picture here in this thread. Deadline is 22nd April evening/night (roughly one week from now). One entry per person.
  4. After that we will create a little vote so everyone can vote for their favorite entry (no self-voting here :stuck_out_tongue: )
  5. Winner gets to create a new thread and choose a new subject!

Join in, have fun!

The subject for this week is:

Temperature

5 Likes

I added a quick example, to gets things started. Just reply to this forum chat with your Temperature design and have fun.

See Hall Of Fame The Blender Collaboration 2020 edition

4 Likes

Nice! Thanks @Marcello for starting this up.

Here’s my submission:

10 Likes

Also finished my submission:

At one point i accidentally removed the lighthouse somehow (was still in the list but nowhere to be found in the viewport, realized too late and then had to export it from an old save and import in the new one which was not the same, but no idea how to take objects from one blender file and put them into another :sweat_smile:
Just realized i can just copy paste it…

9 Likes

Here’s my submission for the week. Since the theme was temperature I naturally thought of a heat source like a fire and so on. I decided to make the sun but more along the lines of a Lion King type drawing sun. It was simple but I played around with a light and emission material to get this look. I enjoyed making this.

10 Likes

Main menu “File” > “Append”

Select a .blend file, select a topic (material, object, container …), select the item.

1 Like

@FedPete Oh that’s good, thanks so much!

Quick reminder two days left and if anyone has not seen it and would like to join.

1 Like

My submission:

Temperature by Sean Paul :laughing:

Appended some of my models I’d already made (head, hands) and added the rest. Not sure if that’s fair game :man_shrugging:

Edit: Here’s the music video for anyone who doesn’t get the reference, as it is kinda old. Caution: Probably NSFW as it has scantily clad women. https://youtu.be/dW2MmuA1nI4

7 Likes

Hahaha good one @Tyger2

Last day for entries :smiley:

2 Likes

Deadlines deadlines, have to stop and call it done. :smile:

8 Likes

Alright this is it, hope everyone who wanted to participate made it in time :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who participated! It was awesome seeing what everyone came up with and created! Let’s do this again!

So the last thing to do is the way to determine who creates the next thread and chooses the new subject!
Gonna try to create the poll now including all the entries in order of posting including small images.

Everyone give your vote for the one you like most or the one which gave you a good laugh or the one which surprised you most or whatever. Just don’t choose your own haha.

Gonna say one thing in advance: everyone created cool things and i’m already looking forward to seeing you in the next one!

0 voters

Gonna keep this open for some time. Maybe two days or however long it takes until everyone voted.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Lot’s of different interpretations, like the creativity. It’s difficult to choose.

2 Likes

This was really fun. Thanks again @Marcello for starting it off! Who wants to do the next one?

1 Like

Well that was fast, there is already one vote more than there were participants haha (maybe next time there is an option to see who voted so far, just to make sure we didn’t miss anyone).

Looks like mine is the one with the most votes, thank you <3 My personal pick was Sean Paul because that was something i absolutely did not think of hahaha.

So usually it would be me now to start a new one, but since i already opened this one i hope it’s okay with everyone if i just nominate @FedPete instead. Looking forward to your new subject!

It was hard to chose between NP5’s and Marcello’s. Thanks for bringing this back Marcello, It was fun!

1 Like

Vote Now! {to get a attention on the main screen} :wink:

1 Like

@NP5 how did you do the hot metal? That looks so good.

1 Like

I have no idea! :rofl:

No really! I went looking for an image of a glowing end metal rod or bar to use as a texture image intending then to make that emissive. Or even some technical colour gradient showing the gradual changes to use. One of the most useful looking images turned out to be from someone who had made a node group for Blender to do red hot metal and glass. lol so followed that and downloaded it as it was free. A bit old, but it seemed to work. Still can’t work out how it does it. there is an image to uv map onto the bar, that appears to shade out the emission.

Texture mapped Incandescence for Cycles

Should have gone that route to start with I now see there are tutorials etc. to do it. Possibly by other means.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms