Bowling ball and pins (final)

Not perfect but I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out

Really enjoying playing materials and textures. Though I’m pretty sure I’m kinda jumping ahead of the class a little. Just playing with the node editor in cycles produces some really fun results (aaaaannnnddd drastically increases rendering time). I could not figure out how to settle the shadow artifacting on the pins though. Guessing it might have something to do with the UV’s or something in the creation process.

For those interested the materials I used are:

Bowling ball:

Wood on the lane is actually from ELBRIGA on Blendernation.com and it’s completely free: https://www.blendernation.com/2017/10/20/procedural-cc-0-pbr-wood-shader/

3 Likes

Oh man, I love this universe in a sphere!. I saved your node. loving this one!

Please vote : The Blender Collab: Weekly Themed Gallery (Entries due 22nd April) VOTE NOW
Thank you, have fun and stay healthy.

One node has a red line connection, presumably it is not doing anything?

OMG Thank You so much! for point that out. I thought it was strange that the red channel wasn’t emitting as well.

took some time to re render the results and re screen shot the material. Thanks again NP5 for pointing that out. I really need to learn to slow down a little.

I find it really amazing how one small mistake can make such a difference. Makes me feel like I’m trying to write code again T_T

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms