The Big Hello Thread!

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

1 Like

Hello!

Before I introduce myself, a note to Ben - you said you want us to post our Udemy URL so you can verify that we are a student in the course, but how do we get that URL? Thanks!

Now on to introductions:

My name is Eric LaRue, and I have completed part of the Unity scripting course (then life got in the way, and I had to push the pause button on it). I recently moved to Chandler, Arizona. As for my game dev aspirations, I want to develop RPGs and innovate on RPG gameplay. Iā€™m particularly interested in developing for Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV, since those are new platforms and havenā€™t really been penetrated by the RPG market yet (at least not that I can see). Iā€™m a programmer, story writer, and music composer, so Iā€™d love to partner with artists to make some great games. :slight_smile:

Any questions, feel free to ask!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Aaron and I have been a part-time indie game developer forā€¦ A really long time. =)

I wanted to transition from Flash to Unity so I took the Unity Gamedev course and love it. Right now Iā€™m working on transitioning my full-time job from being primarily web development to AR / VR. Itā€™s a slow process, though.

1 Like

Hello World!

Iā€™m Travis from the US. Iā€™m in both the Unity and Unreal courses (Excellent btw!), but not the Blender course. Sorry, Autodesk give students free version of Mayaā€“donā€™t think I could go back to Blender.

I am currently working on my first (non-tutorial) game for mobile, made with Unity in 2D. I am hoping to learn as much as I can about the industry and release a few games made with both Unity and Unreal!

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Jonathan though everyone can call me Jon. I am from NYC and teaching myself how to code. I am glad to be part of a helpful and awesome community. Big thanks Ben for giving a person like me a platform to begin with and help me on meeting experts and beginners alike.

1 Like

@hypnometal simply click your face at the top-right of Udemy, and chose ā€œView Profileā€

1 Like

Hello, my name is Andreas ƅstrƶm and I live in Sweden. My gamedev aspirations is to have a great time learning putting together games and programming. Iā€™m going the Unity and Unreal courses because I love programming and wanted to do something really creative with it. I also go the Blender course because i aspire to become an artist.

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! Iā€™m Ellen from Seattle, USA. I really wanted to improve my Unity and C# skills, and prototype some VR experiences, and the lessons are helping tremendously with that!

Ben, Sam, Brice, thank you all so much for these terrific tutorials!

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving your profile image.

1 Like

Hello

I am Tiggaa currently in Cardif, Wales but I move about every 18 months at the minute.

I was a lifetime backer on Kickstarter, so have taken advantage of most of the courses Ben has created, including the Weebly course that also includes business planning and modelling. I have completed the Unity Course and the VR Course, although I thought I had - new content keeps on appearing!

I come from an eLearning background, and use Unity as an Enterprise solution to create bespoke learning and mobile tutorials, using what I have learnt in the courses with Vuforia to give contextualised guidance and examples. I am really interested in the VR capabilities of Unity at present, and trying to incorporate it with the Vuforia tools, so far I have created a proof of concept that involves a dragon coming out of one of my sons drawings and flying around - but I think work need something a little more useful.

Tiggaa

2 Likes

Hi,

My name is Arief from Indonesia. Iā€™m on the unity, blender, and unity certification course at the moment.

At start, Iā€™m just a hobbyist (yes, coding is one of my hobby) trying to seek more knowledge in Unity and game development. But after awhile now, Iā€™m considering to make it my paycheck. And honestly, those courses are helping me a lot.

And iā€™m gonna take a unity certification exam next month. Hopefully, iā€™ll pass the test and get certified. So, wish me luck guys!

PS: Please spare my grammar. English is not my first language and i havenā€™t use it for a while. ;D

2 Likes

Hello! Alan Swithenbank here (USA, California, San Francisco Bay Area). Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m enrolled in all of Benā€™s courses. I mainly do scientific visualization work, but, thatā€™s getting pretty gamelike these daysā€¦;^)

1 Like

Hey Alan, good to see you here. Enjoy your visits!

1 Like

Hello. My name is sandee and I hail from Australia. Iā€™m enrolled in (and about 75% through) the blender course. Iā€™ve also purchased the unreal and unity courses but have not started those yet. At this stage I am primarily interested in unreal as Iā€™ve been an unreal fan girl for a very long time (met my husband playing UT99 :laughing:

Iā€™ve been gaming all my life. Professionally I used to be a ā€˜webmasterā€™ back when we were called that, business analyst and have been an e-learning developer for numerous years.

I started these courses because I have a game idea that I want to develop. Its been a steep learning curve but im really enjoying it. The blender course really is excellent.

Iā€™ve also managed to convince my boss the other day to let me make a learning game using unreal, so Iā€™m currently starting work on that and have been working through the official youtube tutorials. Once those are done I will start the unreal coding course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys

Iā€™m Paul from Cambridgeshire in England.

Iā€™m a 47 year old beaten down and broken ex techy. I started playing with Unity after about 3 weeks with Gamemaker as I found it very restrictive. Unity is very complicated but I am learning slowlyā€¦ thanks to Bens course! Ive just finished the Block Breaker videos and now Im spending a week or so cementing what I have learned and creating more of a personalised game from Block Breaker.

1 Like

Hi everyone. My name is Rok and Iam from Slovenia.

Iā€™ve been a professional painter for 10 years and last year during the summer Ive decided to jump into something completely different : computer science. Ive been working very hard for the last 10 months, learning to code, doing maths and all the things needed to become a computer/IT proffesonal. Now that I have some time on my hands Ive decided to learn video-game-making, animation and 3D modeling. This is something Ive always been interested in but havent had the courage to try. So now Iam here, ready to roll and Iam realy happy about it and excited to start.

I know we will make great things together. Cheers !

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™m in Cambridge. Hopefully meet at a Unity Meetup sometime.

1 Like

Lol small world Ben :wink:

1 Like

Hi, another Chris here. I live in Greensboro, NC. I started with the UNITY course last year, made it as far as Zombie Runner then had to take a break as things got more hectic at work. I am also subscribed to the Blender course and the Unreal course, although I havenā€™t really started the Blender course yet and have barely started the Unreal course. I am hoping to get back into Unreal with a vengeance in the coming weeks. My goal is to eventually build an old-school style RPG similar to the old Final Fantasy Legend series for Gameboy, but optimized for smartphones. I have enjoyed the course so far, and after trying a couple of course from other instructors, I can safely say that Ben is the best instructor on Udemy, at least in my opinion {Iā€™ll be watching the mail for my check :slight_smile: }

1 Like

Thank you! You should be able to see the URL in my profile here now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms