The Big Hello Thread!

Hi Joseph for a changeup in names. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m a digital artist who’s interested in making games based on my own direction. Have worked with others on games which didn’t go well profit-wise but still the passion hasn’t died. :slight_smile: So wanting to learn C# mainly to be able to at least attempt adventure style games which focuses on story (like King Quest, etc) seeing how my strongest asset is being able to do 2D and 3D competently. But seeing where we go with this course, I’m up to brick 2D atm. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello All,

I’m Aaron and I’m out of Western NY state.
I’m very interested in game design and development, both digital and IRL (board games / card games). I’ve been helping to teach a game dev course at the MAGIC Center at RIT. Our course is focused on team work and real-world project development. Our classes have done an “Art Game” in Unity (ported to 3JS), an co-op XboxOne game in Unity, and a VR game in 3JS.

I also teach unity to a group of high school boys on the weekend. We’ve done an online multiplayer 3rd person arena shooter (using Photon) and are working on a multiplayer RTS on a galactic scale. I’m always trying to improve my skills and figure out new techniques to pass along to my various classes.

I’m enrolled in the unity classes and have found them really helpful. I’m also looking at the Blender course as I try to improve my 3D skills. I think there’s a lot of room for more courses around texturing and animation for unity (hint hint). I’m really interested in the Unity Certification (bought the course) but it’s so far away to take the test…

I’ve got a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head and I’m building up my skills to dig into them more. My current work is 3D modeling for a moody scrolling space shooter (R-Type / Darius / Defender), and revamping the gameplay for a board game / card game I’ve been developing for the past year.

Thanks for putting this together, it looks good.

Aaron

2 Likes

Wow this website looks amazing!

My name is Tony Justo, I currently live in North Carolina in the US.

My aspiration for gamedev is more than I can type here, so a quick run down would be:

1. love(d) games since a child.
  2. first game I was really intrigued about was Break Of Fire and FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST for Super Nintendo
  3. My current career is Software Developmen - so jumping into Unity or Unreal Coding standards has been a easy.
  4. I aim to make games like RPG’s, Action, Adventures.
  5. Thank you both Ben and Michael for helping me get closer to my GameDev goal.

Look forward in working with others or collaborate on a simple game in the near near future!

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey, I’m Jen, an indie dev in Oklahoma, USA. I do programming, game design, and writing. I’m currently making a vr game in UE4. I’m really excited about vr because it’s a new form of media, so there’s lots of opportunity to do things no one has done before. I’m hoping to release my first full game for Oculus and Vive at the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Felipe :slight_smile:

I’m from Chile (South America). I’m a Videogame Design Student.
I found Ben’s courses because my programming teacher at college is awful and I wanted some real teaching.
I’m enrolled in both the Unity course and in the Unreal course. In the future I want to purchase the other ones (Blender, VR, Physics).

I’m just at 11% of the Unity course, but I love it already. I’m looking forward to complete it during my winter break on July.
I’m really excited to be part of this awesome community you have created @ben. ! :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am Cyriel from Calgary… just starting with unity and looking forward to learning.

1 Like

Hello New Friends!
My Name is Greg. I am currently on assignment in Seattle Washington. I work for a global company and move around quite a bit. I am a Technical Lead / Software Engineer. I mainly use .Net Enterprise technologies and Java J2EE. I have learned quite a bit about Unity from the Complete Unity Developer course. A BIG thank you BEN! Also enrolled in Master Unity from Scratch. No game developer aspiration’s just want to have fun creating games. Maybe make some money on the side when I retire. LOL

I have learned a lot by helping other students when they have issues. Best way for me to learn is troubleshoot and try to solve issues besides adding new features to my games and following the courses.

1 Like

Hello, I am Pablo from California. Want to do VR and gaming content for in-transit usage (i.e. in moving vehicles).

1 Like

Nice Jen!
Good Luck!

1 Like

Hello

I’m Patrick, from Saskatchewan Canada.
Currently im enrolled in the unity,blender,unreal and unity certification courses, although I am only working on the unity one at this time. I am looking to enroll and complete all of your current courses in a currently unknown order.

My asperations for game development currently are to start a small indie game studio with my friends. Starting the studio would let us have a creative outlet while doing what we enjoy doing every day while constantly challenging our selves to learn and grow as developers.

1 Like

Hello!

I’m Alex, I’m from Guadalajara, Mexico and I’m in the Unity course. I’m a software engineer who likes to know how to bring my videogames ideas into reality, I have little experience in Java and is good to see C# is not completely different. In my free time, I’m enrolled in an on-site Maya course also.

Saludos a todos!! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Folks,

I’m Frank from Massachusetts.

I’m enrolled in the Unity and Blender courses and working my way through the Glitch Garden section. I’ll be hopping into the Blender course once I’m done with this to see what kind of fun I can have with the bowling game. I code for a living, draw for fun, and tell stories because I can’t seem to stop.

My long term aspiration is to write games with complex, procedurally generated narratives. But in the short term, I have a lot of weird little game ideas bouncing around in my head, and I’m looking forward to getting them ‘down on paper.’

-Frank

1 Like

Hello my name is Michael, I’m from Puerto Rico and currently studying Video Game Design & Dev.
Mostly the main reason why I got into the course was because I felt like I wasn’t learning enough on college so I’ve decided to try and follow my own learning path. Currently enrolled on the Unreal course and so far I must admit it’s been fun.

4 Likes

Hi!

I`m Mason, from Washington.
in in the unreal course, and am an absolute beginner. I plan to stat the blender course as soon as I can afford it ( money is tight right now).

I have some game ideas that I really want to make, and am determined to learn.

What my goal is? I really just want to learn as much as i can, so I can make my games. My friend is already in dev school and wants to make games with me I just have to learn how, and before you say anything I know it isn’t easy and I dont expect it to be. As J.F.K. once said “we are not doing this because it is easy we are doing it because it is hard”.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Felipe.

I’m from São Paulo, Brazil.
My GameDev aspiration is to use games to teach people.
Maybe I’d like to make some casual games too.

1 Like

welcome mate, yes, Just do the things you love

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris. I’m from California, but currently living in Tokyo as a game dev.
I’m working my way through the Unity and Unreal courses whenever I have time and it’s been a blast.

I’ve been using Unreal and Unity for about a year and I just want to fill in the holes of my knowledge.

Really looking forward to connecting with all of you and creating some awesome games!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Peter, I live in Adelaide, Australia.

I’m about 75% through the complete Unity developer course and enjoying it so far. I studied computer science at Adelaide Uni, and worked four years in a regular software job. I’d love to make game development my full time job, and the Unity course and community here is a great start to achieving that.

1 Like

Hi!, I’m Ala from Jordan.

I’m enrolled on Game Physics, Unity Certification and Blender courses and recently enrolled on The Complete Unity Developer course after figure out that i missed some important topics of the basics and practices in unity.

i start my career as a web developer :expressionless: but i was a gamer hell I’m addicted to games :sunglasses: so i spent some time each day after the work to learn game development and my start was with native android development i made many stupid 2d games using eclipse :grin: then moved to unity (4.3) and yea i found my way through game development.

i’m currently working as a game developer in a mobile games company in Jordan.

currently am focusing on wrapping up what i have learned through the last two years to pass the unity certification exam.

and my future goal is when i see my self ready am planning to leave my company and work as an indie developer to make my own games on my way (the fun way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and my own ideas :blush: not the client ideas :confounded:

hope to find some new friends, gamers here :wink:

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m Jake, and I live in New Zealand.

I was had nearly finished Glitch Garden a few months ago and unfortunately had no time to continue. So I am jumping back in to it from scratch.

I am an avid gamer, and have been since the mighty Amiga. Would love to one day work with an indie team to make games worth playing.

Thanks for making this forum, really appreciate the effort Ben goes through to help others.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms