Textures.com no longer offers free credits

https://www.textures.com/about/how-it-works

According to the link I provided above, a free account only gives you access to the files on the free page which is a very small sample of textures. Is there another free option that people prefer?

5 Likes

It still works for me, in that most textures can be downloaded in the smallest size for free credits. There have been several students recently reporting this problem though. It seems to be down to their anti-abuse system such that it takes 24hrs or so before the free credits are added to new accounts. This is to prevent multiple account creation to get lots of free credits and download loads at once.

So I would give it a day or to and check in again.

There are lots of sites with free textures. The course directions that are causing the problem are usually after a simple photograph of a flat front view of some urban housing. That is not on other sites but really any image you can source, or take yourself, will function

5 Likes

So I know this topic is a little older but I thought I’d chime in to say that for the purposes of this video, in order to learn the basics of UV mapping right clicking the image and going to save will work well enough that you can continue to follow along with the video. Your end product may not be production level but you will have learned about UV unwrapping/mapping still so don’t let this issue derail your learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yep it doesnt work for free anymore. i bought a yearly discounted sub cause if you are serious about this, you will eventually need a good texture library anyway.

1 Like

Polyhaven tends to be my go-to for free Textures and HDRIs – at the very least, it’s a great starting point when looking to prototype something or experiment.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms