Show us your moment sketch!

3 Likes

Hi everyone.

Here is my awasome sketch.

4 Likes

The player will need to find a key to get out of the dungeon!

3 Likes

Well, my turn Looks ugly, but with the story inside :wink:

2 Likes

Here is my game moment. The Player enters an ancient village, where the residents wander as spectres. The player can fight them, or try to pick their way through the village with as little combat as possible. There is a secret area that curious players may find, where they can learn more about the story of the village, and the very last survivor of a plague that wiped everyone out.

8 Likes

What a great resource!!! Thanks for sharing this!!

The player can choose to fight the bounty hunters or sneak along the tree-covered other side of the road to bypass them to get to the village.

Link to game moment design:
Game Moment

2 Likes

Here’s Mine first scene design. Only basic.

2 Likes

So good seeing all these diagrams! Keep up the good work everyone.

Not much of an artist lol

3 Likes

Here is a quick sketch of the ambush moment.

2 Likes

What tool did you use to make this sketch? I like that there is a good amount of detail but still give the feel of flexibility if you choose to change the story later.

I wish I’d either done it on paper or had one of those nifty drawing pads. Drawing things by mouse is murder on workflow. Lol.

2 Likes

I started this course when it first started, I’ve restarted from scratch and love the new lessons.

4 Likes

I made it with GIMP. :slight_smile:

Here is my sketch. There are 4 routes ( 1 is secret and 1 is very long), from which the player can chose. 2/4 times the player will go to a npc. All the routes (ground painted on grass) will direct the player towards the finale. It all leads up to a burning village, with a mini boss the player HAS to defeat no matter which path they take.

Here is my game moment. The player travels to the forest with a Wuxue Master (NPC) to chase after the villain. To make sure the villain doesn’t escape, the Wuxue Master heads into the woods first, and asks the player to follow the path. Along the path, player will see some enemies defeated by Wuxue Master and also be engaged with some other enemies. There is a short cut mid-way through the path where player can sneak through and avoid fighting a patrolling enemy pawn. At the end of the path, Wuxue Master and the Evil Master have already fought and are both injured and immobilized. Wuxue Master asks the player to attack the Evil Master where the latter cannot fight back. Player can choose to do so, or forfeit this unfair victory, rescue Wuxue Master and fight Evil Master another day.

The player has two routes to choose from one being the stormy one where there are a bunch of tornadoes in the players path which will pick the character up and throw him back will not be easy and the second path where the player has to defeat a bunch of the king’s soldiers in order to get across. None of the paths are supposed to be easy.
The moment ends when the player has to confront a bunch of villagers in order to get to the king.

I was also thinking that I could make it rain in order to make the moment more ominous.

So our player enters the town from lower right corner. She/he wants to go to the next town. There are two possible paths in front, one of wihch is blocked by a big gianty guy and the other one is controlled by guards.

Privacy & Terms