Share your simple Sandbox

Welcome to the community!

Almost looks like the sun is right there above the houses, amazing use of the terrain tool, and I love all the trees and houses you put into your scene, nice work!

Got some low poly assets from the store a long time ago. Well, here’s my try. I had fun with it.

Edit: I finished with the scene; added more detail and mood to it. Also the bit with the trees not appearing it was due to billboard distance in the settings for terrain (was at 50 and I set it to 150). Here is the final result:

5 Likes

Looks great, I love all the objects in the scene, I also love the castles, overall a nice scene, awesome job!

Thanks - I have more trees on the other side of the scene - but they appear only if the camera is close. I used the paint trees feature to add all the trees (except the few dead ones). Is this a performance thing from Unity and intentional?

1 Like

I’ve never really used paint trees for some odd reason, I usually just duplicate them around, I probably should be using paint trees though.

I think this looks alright for a starting point. I originally thought that I’d make a lowered section for a pond on the left side, but it won’t lower any of the terrain past the start point and I didn’t want to go down a rabbit hole of fixing that right now.

3 Likes

My remote forest village in the warm mountains of Sandboxia!

2 Likes

Put together a simple mountain village for my sandbox

2 Likes

I started course!

2 Likes

I’m so impressed what folks have done. Lots of great inspiration. I mostly just tried to experiment with the various options and menus.

2 Likes

I tried using paint trees and Unity complained to me about a shader setting. I think the shader and the clipping were both performance related things. When I changed the shader setting, I didn’t like the appearance of the trees anymore, so I deleted the painted trees and put them on one by one.

1 Like

Hi everyone, here is my Sandbox

6 Likes

Here is mine. I really like the work of many others

4 Likes

Sandboxxxxx…

3 Likes

wow

I used more assets from the asset store, and this is my first map.

2 Likes

I did a little extra work on the landscape and village using assets I’ve bought or Unity provided for free… My thinking was knock out some of tthe level first then as it progresses can implement the other techniques from the entire course. Any thoughts or feedback are greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

looks great I still need to learn more on water detail and dynamics…

Seriously cool design!

For the water i create a plane, and added a material that moves, you can do that with shader graph :smiley: .

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms