Share Your Completed Moment Here!

Love your dungeon design!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
Below is my first moment from Project_RPG (I will figure out how to name it eventually) it is not an actual moment of final gameplay, just one made for testing, as the villadge will be full of friendly characters, and not with blood raged peasants :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Back story: the character is a vampire and this is the angry mob!

This is my RPG rough start, I have purchased the latest polygon pack so I will be implementing those in later! Thank you, Sam, and Rick for this awesome experience cant wait to start the inventory course!

1 Like

It seems your video is private. I wanna see!

1 Like

@sampattuzzi It should be public now, whoops lol.

Nice

@sampattuzzi Great lesson as always. Packed full of interesting and helpful stuff. Here’s a video of how my cutscene looks as requested ;).

This cinemachine I think is really cool. So many ideas I have thought of since coming across this Unity feature. Looking forward to making my own things in the future with all that I am learning. Thanks immensely to everyone in the GameDev tv team. Course well worth it!!

Q) At 00:14 the trees at the back appear dark then pop into view. Would you know how I can make them appear like normal as when they are dark and showing no texture. I do not know why that occurs.

It needs a lot of work, but here is a minute of my game set in WW2:
https://vimeo.com/407028836

2 Likes

This is stunning!

I like your human models. Did you make them yourself? The fighting animation is good as well. Nicely done.

OK, here is my first Questionable Moment. (It’s choppy but it’s less than 10mb)
"Don’t Look Ethel!!!"
I need an App that does OK here’s my upload size limit, here’s my video, “do magic”.

1 Like

I am still working on fixing some kinks, but here’s my completed moment:

https://sharemygame.com/@nick_pettigrew/playable-moment-test

Please give any available feedback.

3 Likes

I like it!!! It looks great and has a fun premise.
I really like how you got your camera!!! I wish I could get mine behaving so well and at the correct angle. How did you get the buildings to disappear when you are behind them?
(I wouldn’t complain if you passed along your camera settings/secrets).
I found a bug in your security console.
If you go through all the weekday logs and then go back to the main menu, it has Thursday and Friday there. If you click on Thursday it takes you to a blank menu item with no back button. You have to quit by closing the webpage and if you go right back the page has problems until it resets in a couple of minutes. Keep it up. I can’t wait to see what HQ has in store for us!

Loving the feel! I got healed at one point but didn’t know why maybe I killed the medi bot? The music sync to the camera movement was brilliant. Really nice job.

After days of tending to his crops, the farmer must defend his home from the alien hordes.

(Sorry about the music, screen grab recorded the system audio)

9 Likes

Hey! Thank you for checking it out! Thank you for letting me know about the security console. I will get that fixed.

For the camera angle and everything was just constantly playing around with the positioning until I was mostly happy. To get the buildings to disappear I just wrote a script that raycasts between the camera and the player, any objects that get hit between those two, I set it up to change the material to a transparent material and then when it’s not in between the camera and player, the material is set back to the original material.

Thank you again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Sam! The courses have been amazing and all of you are great instructors.

I set it up so that on level up, you get healed back to 100%, so that may have been what happened. I should change the effect on level up so that is more apparent.

Ah, awesome. That makes sense.

This is so cool! Can you share it on twitter with me so I can retweet you? I love that you’ve made something that’s not an RPG with the course material.

Also, any chance we can play it over on SMG?

Privacy & Terms