Section 2 lecture 25, Challenge Plane

My airplane! Basically 4 shapes and lots of extruding :slight_smile:

4 Likes

very cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks mate :v: :wink:

I tried going in blind for my first attempt and wound up with a big old mess so I watched the rest of the video and I’m a lot happier with the second go around. It still could use some cleaning up but I think it’s presentable.

and holy molly there’s some great stuff on this thread! and one of these days I should try my hand at a tie-fighter.

3 Likes

Soar Dragon…or something like that :smiley:

2 Likes

Some really cool planes here

2 Likes

Anyone remember TaleSpin?

3 Likes

I have finised my little plane :grin:

5 Likes

Maybe not super fancy but I feel it’s a solid plane :slight_smile:

Forgot about removing doubles though so to make the top and bottom sides of the body I connected the vertices and made the faces individually which in the end gave me the same result.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: I seriously thought it was a reference toy! That’s is just awesome!!

Kinda had trouble with vertices, too much unneccessary ones since I didnt quite figure it out how to make so I wont need extra ones with loop cut and slide command. If anyone can help me explain how they did it, it would be of great help since its the main issue for me in blender.

3 Likes

I tried creating something loosely resembling a MIG plane. The tail fin is really bad but I left it like this because I really wanted to get on with the course :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here is my attempt at the plane challenge. Also went for the passenger liner design. Quite liking all the Star Wars designs above.

5 Likes

Here’s my go, I’ve been wanting to make planes in blender for ages so I got very carried away.

10 Likes

Hi guys, here’s mine!

3 Likes

Hi, I made a space shuttle, mostly extruding rectangles and with some circles. Still needs some detail, but it is a base.

8 Likes

Just trying to create my personal spaceship. I made some drawings, so probably next days I will post more models :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is my plane, I don’t like how it looks compared to planes I’ve seen in this post. I think I lack patient.

Now I will go watch how the instructor makes the plane ^^

3 Likes

There are some really great models in this thread!

My plane (more like an unmanned drone/missile thing, seeing as it has no cockpit):

And my low poly Enterprise:

6 Likes

block jet!! I used a mirror modifier at the end to complete it.

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms