Section 2 lecture 25, Challenge Plane

@Mewse [quote=“Mewse, post:59, topic:2509”]
Did i lose my edit mode history because i went into object mode?
[/quote]

Yup. Object mode only undoes the states of object mode. So if you have a cube, edit it then go back into object mode and undo, you have a cube again. I’m still doing this by accident :sweat_smile:

Ahhh, I shall bear that in mind. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Well when I see the other planes here I think I have to do some more work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holy cow… Looking at all of these other planes in here, I feel woefully inadequate. It’s downright silly, honestly. Great job everyone. I aspire to reach the level of skill many of you are already exhibiting.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for the praise :smiley:

In the toolbox on the left, there’s a button for Shading: Smooth that does most of it. For the engines, I also used a modifier called Edge Split so that the front part wouldn’t look strange.

I started with a cylinder for the fuselage, then I made the left wing, tailplane, and engine and used the Mirror modifier to get the right wing and so on.

This is dope, great shape

Got carried away again (probably should be)

Couldn’t stop messing about and tweaking things, then deleting them and finding out how to do them better.
I think I was actually having fun. Dam you Ben, what have you done.

Anyhoo Model his here if you want it. https://skfb.ly/Ynsv

There are many many errors and mistakes but I do like the wheels, and it looks ok from a distance.

Notes for me - or anyone else.
Numberpad “.” is your friend, as are orthographic views - use them most of the time., and the 3dview only for viewing/selecting.

Ctr+Shift+Alt+C is very useful,
As is Object mode then applying the rotation/location/scale - otherwise things can get a little screwy…

If something isn’t working - check cursor is over image. then check Edit / Object mode, are you in right one…

Active is not always same as selected

Saving - Add a number to the end of the file, then when you “save as” to get a copy, you can click on that plus sign and quickly get a separate file save.

Use the Layers - so you can have a new “object” in the center of the grid, and easily select it, rotate it around the center (as you can snap cursor to center) and many other reasons.

18 Likes

Block Plane! had fun doing this one

4 Likes

I know, I didn’t get to make the turbines.
Was fun though, seing it all come together. When it’s your first time. =)

4 Likes

As always, amazed by everyone’s models. I’m still trying to keep mine simple. It’s not much, but it’s the first thing like this I’ve ever modeled.

4 Likes

2 Likes

My MIG21

12 Likes

and off flying we go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s my attempt at recreating a plastic toy plane:

What a fun challenge! I am loving this course :slight_smile:

25 Likes

that looks awesome!

My block plane - keeping it simple!

6 Likes

The Plane with cylinders and extrude

6 Likes

Just don’t ask me to test fly it. :smiley:

5 Likes

Looks kinda blocky, should have used deleting edges more, it will take some time before i realise what everything i can do and which functions i already know

(Also i didn’t realise i am supposed to make it from one cube without using other meshes, oopsie)

9 Likes

My toy plane. It was fun to make. :smiley:

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms