Section 1 Lesson 11 - End of Section Challenge

What an awesome way to get to know blender. I absolutely love the diversity on this thread. This is my take on the challenge! Hope you like it.

Here is my challenge object. I made a castle.

1 Like

Ok so I’ve made a very basic castle, kinda inspired by the old Mario brothers game, but only 1 level.

Its tough doing the alignment by hand. Hopefully we learn a few better tricks :slight_smile: Enjoying this course so far!

Did very little effort this time around, as I already have a little bit of blender experience from mucking about with it for a few years in my spare time when I felt the need… Just using section 1 as a refresher, I’ll do a bit more effort later down the line when I get to something that I haven’t done before. :smiley:

First off, I’d like to tell everyone nice job on your work so far, and I hope to see more of your work in the future. Anyway, I wanted to try to push myself a little bit to see what I could make with my first attempt, so I asked for suggestions on what I could make, and somebody jokingly suggested that I should try to make a Dalek. It’s not perfect, and it took more than a few hours to do, but I did learn a lot. I don’t remember if the instructor went into details about adding colors, and I couldn’t figure it out easily, so it’s strictly in the basic grey for now, but I hope to improve upon it later when I learn more. Regardless, here it is. Comments or suggestions for improvements are welcome. Thanks!

6 Likes

Heres mine:

Here’s Mine!

I did the challenge

Wow! Some really creative work here. It’s so cool to be taking the same class as a bunch of really talented people!

I still need to replace my wireless mouse, so I wasn’t as ambitious for this first time around. Just a little low poly dog.

2 Likes

Here’s my screenshot, I’m calling this piece “Strange Pine Tree on Block”

1 Like

I could not resist trying some booleans, sorry. It’s kinda hard to build something out of primitives only after years using CAD tools.

3 Likes

Looks like you are ahead of me at the moment, I shall be attempting to create my first objects tomorrow. I love your choice of subject, mine also will most likely be train related.

1 Like

I like trains. It was funny to make this model in Rhinoceros about a year ago. Unfortunately this work was abandoned due lack of time.

3 Likes

1 Like

I made a little mouse…

4 Likes

A very badly made umbrella.
I wish I could learn how to carve out shapes next so I can empty the underside of it also make the knob half a torus.

3 Likes

Hello Yawniber! Sure we will study it later, but for fun you can try boolean Subtract modifier (Properties window - tab with wrench - add - boolean).
You should make two intersecting shapes. One of them represents whole thing and other - shape to carve from first (two cones for your example). Then add Subtract modifier to first shape and select second.
Sorry for my english. I can explain process with pictures a bit later, if you want.
Upd: not Subtract, Difference. My bad.

1 Like

Oh. Sorry my inattentivness, you talking about a knob.
Well, it can be a torus and a box, for example.

1 Like

Where is a train, Nick?!

Privacy & Terms