RPG Update Log

This is where @Rick_Davidson and I are going to post when we’ve put a new lecture up on Udemy. This way you don’t have to sit on the edge of your seats!

You can subscribe to this post and even allow the forum to send notifications to your phone if you’re very keen :wink:

This post is deliberately closed to comment to keep your notifications clear. Please tell us what you think of the new content over here: Latest Updates With RPG Course.

51 Likes

I’m starting to create some videos in the new section of the course - we are creating a simple gameplay “moment”. I’m in the process now of uploading a video where the challenge is to think about a gameplay moment for your game.

8 Likes

I’ve just uploaded a couple of new videos in our “First Moment” section. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your gameplay moments.

7 Likes

Just released a new lecture on “The Observer Pattern In C#”. Should take you over how to use C# events to hook into notifications from the PlayableDirector.

6 Likes

Just posted 2 new videos into the brand new “Scene Management” section. Check it out.

6 Likes

A couple of new lectures on scene management. By the end you will be able to hook up multiple portals between levels and spawn the player into the right place.

6 Likes

The last couple of lectures are now up on the Scene Management section.

4 Likes

Just dropped a whole bunch of new videos to the saving section. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Even more saving section videos.

5 Likes

Saving section is finished for a first draft. Take a look. I might be redoing some of the videos at the end to make them even clearer so feedback is really needed.

Hit the heart button if it’s worth my while updating this post.

25 Likes

Couple of changes and additions to the saving section. “Saving Multiple Scenes” has been split into part 1 and 2. “Fading Before Scene Load” has been created on the end as a separate lecture.

9 Likes

I’ve just hit publish on the last lectures of Rick’s section on weapons. If you were waiting for a good run up, now’s the time to dive in!

Up next: we’re building a stats and progression system.

12 Likes

I’m currently adding some lectures to the end of the simple weapons section. By popular demand we will show you how to save your weapon selection.

13 Likes

Just published a lecture that shows you how to edit ScriptableObjects in a text editor. Fun stuff.

9 Likes

Learn to level up with the new lectures dropped in the RPG.

6 Likes

Learn to trigger events and cool particle effects when you level up.

8 Likes

Video on damage progression released. Level up and do more damage!

7 Likes

Checkout the new “Extensible Modifier System” video

7 Likes

Check out the new “Data Hazards and Race Conditions” lecture release today!

7 Likes

Privacy & Terms