Player floating in the air and clipping through ground

I have this problem where, I follow all of Rick’s instructions correctly and my character starts floating in the air and clipping through ground

Im hoping that you guys can tell me how to fix this problem, I’l appreciate it!
Also this is the screen shot of the polygon collider in the level platform

Hi Trigodil,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly, Rick either has the same problem or shows it at some point in the videos.

Let me explain you something first. Then you’ll very likely be able to solve this problem yourself within a couple of seconds.

In Unity, we distinguish between two collider types: solid colliders and non-solid colliders. The latter are called trigger colliders. Only solid colliders (= non-trigger colliders) are able to cause physical collisions in the physics simulation whereas trigger colliders are like ghosts and do not cause any physical collisions.

Now check the relevant colliders. Since you shared the second screenshot, I think you were already on the right track when trying to find the issue in your game. There are multiple ways to solve this problem, so simply test what comes into your mind first.

Did that fix it?

See also:

Yeah, I fixed it, thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms