Periscope Challenge

i over thought mine and got a bit of a off shape.

Here’s my periscope. Didn’t quite get the wedges and cube aligned before I merged them, but I’m not fussed as this part of the course is a refresher for me. I did one of the other Blender courses on Udemy, but this one is easier to follow for my mindset. I could have avoided the steps by creating a stretched cube with one face dragged upward, but that would have been missing the point of the lecture.

Voila! :slight_smile:

Done with the periscope :slight_smile:

Here is my periscope. I must of missed the instruction that said to create it using the two wedges so I created this in a different way. I stretched a cube to create a rectangle. I selected two edge on the same side and slid it down to create the shape. I then used the 3D cursor to set the origin to the bottom edge of my periscope. This meant that the location of my object was 0,0,0 as instructed (not as the solution shows).

Well, here it is. Also, I had to look what a periscope is, and now I have one more english word on my vocabulary :wink:

Here’s my periscope!

EDIT: Watching the rest of the video, I realise I didn’t merge the shapes together, and according to the video my placement is wrong… Hm… :confused:

Here is, my periscope! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Here are my periscopes!

3 Likes

Periscope for delivery.

Here is my version of the periscope.

Mine

hahaha I was just about to Google Periscope before Michael showed the sample! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So far so good.

I did a thingy!

Good On You! That is exactly the Same Solution I came up with… Because the Base was not aligned with the (0,0,0) Initially… So by Using the 3d Cursor I selected the Edge of the Base and set the origin to be on the Base rather than the center of the Object… then by using the Properties window I Set the Location of (X,Y,Z) all to 0… And Vuala! …

I first tried it doing by joining two wedges, does not look good

ok a periscope :+1:

Privacy & Terms