Particle systems not working after first fewseconds(realm rush)

i have used three particlesystems in my game, for three different towers. However only one is working and the other two are stopping after firing one or two bullets. can’t seem to understand why. it was happening even before applying the attack range constraint. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Just came here to report same issue.

I’ve looked around and it seems. (In my case at least) that the particles only emit if the full particle path is visible, most likely a performance saving feature built into Unity.

I’m not sure how to disable that feature for specific particle systems.

I’m still very confused and can’t seem to find a solution.

I’m having the same problem…
For some reason I duplicate the same tower Prefab, but some shoot and some not…
I have already debugged and the Tower.cs script of the towers that are not shooting and the ‘isActive’ variable setting the emitter to true, but I don’t see any shots.

I don`t know if this is an Unity bug about enabling/disabling the emitter, cause when I comment the ‘emissionModule.enabled = isActive’ all towers shoot normally.

It seems like the same problem like this guy is having:

Hi guys,

Try to set the Culling Mode to “Always Simulate”. Does that fix the issue?

Hi, I deleted my previous post to reply, but for some reason it keeps it there for 1h…

The culling mode seems to have done the trick, could you explain why this fixed the issue, how did you arrive at this conclusion? I tried to search for this problem on Google, but couldn’t find anything.

A few students had the same problem as you, so I asked one to send me his project a couple of days ago.

When I analysed the problem, I noticed that particles moved beyond the camera viewport, which is fine. However, they did not die for some reason even though the Start Lifetime was set to 1.

I remembered an old problem with the Animator in Glitch Garden section back in 2017 which suddenly did not react anymore because of the Sleep Mode of the Rigidbody2D. Maybe something similar existed in the Particle System?

I tested a few settings and found the solution by trial and error. When checking the Unity manual, I read that the Culling Mode does indeed pause the Particle System.

Ok, thank for your help :slight_smile:
I made a test moving my camera away from the ground and it seems it fixed the problem even with the ‘Always Simulate’ off. Nice to learn this.

Thank you again!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms