No drop-down menus, cant create a new method with Ctrl +

I’ve tried going through the guide about 5 times now and it just doesn’t work… I dont get the drop-down menus after writing “Input.” and i cant create a new method. I’ve noticed that Rick seems to have some tabs that i don’t “>Movement > ProcessRotation()” halp…

I have followed the instruction found on this webpage: Visual Studio Code and Unity
Specifically from the Enable Code Completion part.

I had read somewhere to disable “Omnisharp: Use Modern Net” but it was giving me an error in VS Code.
As soon as I enabled it again and did the restart of the setting (prompted message), the suggestions worked (same things as Rick).

I then tried the CTRL + ., and the dropdown with Extract Method popped up.

I hope it works for you too.

I have tried uninstalling everything and following the guide, i cant seem to make it work :confused:

Hi Heffster,

Maybe you could install and use Visual Studio (Community Edition). For some students, VS Code simply does not work well. Maybe due to a problem with Unity, some update or whatever.

1. Download VS and follow this instruction.
  2. Select VS as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools).
  3. Install the “Visual Studio Editor” package in the Package Manager.

That should work. :slight_smile:

See also:

VS Community seems to be working, thanks :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms