Need help with bevel on edge please

Hi there, I’m having some trouble with bevelling. I’m trying to bevel an edge while following the tutorial (about a minute in), but I’m not sure why it isn’t working. It works with the other edges, but not the one in the middle. I’ve double checked the scale and merged by distance. But I’m still getting the same issue. What am I doing wrong?

Video filesize was too large to upload here. I posted to another site to link here

https://imgur.com/a/fX2OU9Y

Note that there is a warning when opening the imgur link that I could not get rid of

Thanks

1 Like

Hi!

You can not upload videos to GameDEV!
Use Vimeo or YouTube to upload them and place a link in your topic.

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.

You probably have double vertices in your model.

In edit mode select all vertices and press m for “merge by distance”. Lower the value until vertices are merged.

Also, check if you don’t have any inner faces in your object. Those hidden faces can only be seen when using X-ray mode.

Our WIKI's
3 Likes

Thanks for your help. There was an inner face hiding in there. Once deleted, things started to work as expected.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms