My first human character project

Thank you! Good luck!

1 Like

Working on a procedural skin texture for my recent sculpt.

This is completely procedural so it’s not perfect but I’m looking to improve it a little further
SkinProceduralPreview01

10 Likes

This is really good actually, you just need more imperfections to be perfect lol (seems paradoxal but know what i mean)

2 Likes

Yes, after researching a little bit, this needs some work and needs condensing quite a bit. The node setup is insane and unnecessarily complex I think but it’s to one side again until I need to tweak it again haha

2 Likes

Another character in the works. I should really finish one one of these days… lol

10 Likes

Wow just… wow!

Was this one head made sculpting too?

1 Like

Really amazing!!! You have the eye of an artist.

1 Like

I’m liking those elf ears. Nicely done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! Yes it was sculpted.

Then I retopologised it

7 Likes

I painted the eyebrows and eyelashes myself in GIMP as a black and white mask. I couldn’t find any decent alphas for them on ’ tinternet.

I wanted to give her really colourful eyes because most elves you see when you look up concepts have really vibrant eye colours. Also i want her eyes to draw the attention. I changed them to make them useable for unreal engine, that’s why the skin roughness is lowered (unreal seems to overdo the textures and the eyes won’t look as realistic as they are customised for unreal.

Next job, hair! I think I’ll paint some mroe alphas and see how that turns out. I couldn’t seem to get the eyebrows right using particle hair and it’s actually pretty fast to do if you have a pen and tablet with pressure sensitivity

6 Likes

Really awesome eyebrows and everything else!

I really like the outfit too!
Is that a hood?

1 Like

Yea, that’s supposed to be a hood but it’s a bit unclear at the moment

Three characters I’m currently working on (still none of them are finished…)

13 Likes

way cool. The face looks right on and the profile look good too.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, still learning all this :slight_smile: Trying to get at least one character finished with moveable bones and better materials

Awesome stuff Mark :smiley:

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks Capa!

Just doing some expression tests with one of the characters…

It’s far from perfect and needs some corrective shape keys and some proper textures but I can get him to smile more or less convincingly (more or less).

8 Likes

Trying to get these characters to look natural when smiling is really tough.
It’s a new skill in itself (one that I have to work on).

I think I got this character looking better although he’s still looking a bit Ken-like…

9 Likes

Looks good to me of that non realistic cartoon style. Nice shirt and buttons too. Though glowing lights in the nostrils are a bit odd!

2 Likes

Yes I think it has something to do with eevee and how light passes through meshes or the way it calculates subsurface scattering. I should drop the SSS, paint the nostrils dark or add a shape key to pull the nostril cavity further inside the head.

EDIT: Just to avoid creating too many posts, here is an update of the characters (for the hispanic male, I added an AO vertex colour groups just for the nostrils to stop them glowing). Here are all 3 characters in a cheesy pose and some OK lighting - lighting is not my forte but I think I did ok with it.

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms