Low Poly Graveyard Game Ready Assets Pack WIP Thread

Am a bit busy for last 2 weeks with other stuff, but one thing I want to share. I made a new ‘type’ of promo image for UE marketplace sale… How does it look to your eyes?

Gave 4.2 a try… seems that autosmooth behaviour is still not 1-1 transition as some people claim… Will have to stay for now on 4.0 as I’m not too fond on wasting a week on checking shading on 2k+ models…

2 Likes

But. Surely the exported files do not keep the Blender file smoothing? Or is/was it a universal of format thing?

As I saw, all the replaced autosmooth in 4.2 does is auto add the normals modifier. So not really a reversal to whatever it did or how it worked before. But the modifier is where the angle change is now so who knows? lol.

1 Like

Yea, this is kind of “universal” thing.

The bad side of it is that I plan to support this asset pack for couple of years down the road so I will have to keep 4.0 around. Most likely possible to do (as even today 2.79 works, so one might expect 4.0 working in 7 years time too), but inconvenient…

1 Like

Almost at the finish line with low poly Forgotten Graveyards asset pack for Unreal Engine. Around 2.2k models for this beast (including nature models). Wondering about compatibility. 5.1 is enough?

Also… I’m thinking of having releasing 2 packs out of it actually (one bundle, one props). So after that this low poly situation on Unreal Marketplace would be:

1. Low Poly Nature pack - environment category (808 models), already releleaed
  2. Low Poly Graveyards + Nature - environment category (2.2k models), including all the models, new demo map(s)
  3. Low Poly Graveyards - props category (~1.4k models), just overview map and models

What do you think about that?

Edit: I plan to add a few models as update (e.g., statues, church etc.), but for now I think it’s already more than enough for the pack.

3 Likes

I’ve learnt a bit of Niagara and made candle flame effect for the asset pack:

3 Likes

I think this is brilliant, @bOBaN, and I hope you get many people purchasing your asset packs. These are excellent! I think offering 2 types of packs for the graveyard assets makes sense since you have SO MANY models in that pack.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words!

(and one thing I hope I learnt from this pack: not to make ‘megapacks’ in the future like that :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

And a torch vfx:

2 Likes

And last of the “bunch”: brazier flames (and dust).

Now need to “package it up” and will submit it to Unreal Engine Marketplace. That was quite the journey to get to this place :sweat_smile:(though, still will need to do a demo map for proper environment version of the pack that will include both nature and graveyard models)

2 Likes

I assume the flames are aminations that will carry over to a game engine, not have to be remade by an engine on it’s own system?
Look very good.
How about some where it is just smoke as the fuel has run out and the flames gone out?

This is actually Niagara (particle system in Unreal Engine). I will have to remake it in Unity (and later on in Godot) as each game engine has it’s own system. In theory I could record it in one engine and use that as a sprite sheet animation in others, but that would look bad.

Thanks!

Good idea, will put it on the todo list! Thanks!

1 Like

I finally submitted the ‘props’ version of Forgotten Graveyards to Unreal Engine Marketplace :partying_face: . 1.4k models… that was a lot of work…

2 Likes

Ah! What I should actually add too… Low Poly Nature was selected by Epic to “Free For The Month”:

So grab it while you can :smiley:

1 Like

Well done!
I hope you still get something out of that?

1 Like

Thanks!

Oh yea, this is separate contract with Epic :slight_smile:

Edit: btw. while fixing some colliders for the submission I accidentally found this angle. Lightshaft looks cool here :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I wish I used the Unreal engine, I would grab these for sure. Are you also selling these as Blender assets on the Blender Market? Or are you selling them as game assets only?

1 Like

You can grab them… and export them from UE to use everywhere. Those assets have super simple shaders, so it’s basically re-creation of those.

I avoid Blender Market (and everything made by the owning company - CG Cookie) since I learnt they are working with generative ai companies. Self defeating and anti-artist attitude if you ask me.

They are intended as game asset… but I realized that some people might want to use them for other things, so I have .blend file on my Gumroad. It’s actually the best ‘value’ as it has it in 3 formats there (.blend, unitypackage and UE project).

Edit: btw. if you would like to buy that low poly nature on Gumroad - do let me know in DM, I’ll make some discount code for Gamedev.tv family :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aaand… it’s out! Actually it was out yesterday already (it took just a few hours for approval!), but I was too tired to post about it. :slight_smile:

Demonstration video:

Here’s the Markeplace link with a lot of details: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/forgotten-graveyards-low-poly-cemetery-mega-pack

2 Likes

Unless I am misunderstanding the floating over the coffin lids bit, are there any dug down ‘holes’? Graves below ground to place a chosen coffin or skeleton in? Or can these engines not do making below the ground plane holes?

Looks good anyway!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms