Low Poly Graveyard Game Ready Assets Pack WIP Thread

oh yea, coffins have multiple variants both “open” (that you can put stuff in it and make it in game open/close, or just scatter it around showing that something got out of it, etc.).

…it’s complicated. Depends on the engine really, but Unreal can do stuff like that, but low poly terrain is frequently assembled from just ground meshes. Sculpting the terrain to look good like a grave hole would also require increasing the resolution (and IIRC there is no ‘dynamesh’, you would have to make whole chunk of terrain higher res). And it’s just way easier in my experience to just plop down a mesh like that.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I know we’ve had the pleasure of watching you expand this collection here on gamedev.tv, but I don’t think that did the scope of work justice. Looking through the images in the marketplace…it’s staggering the amount of models you have put together. Your timing couldn’t be better. Just in time for spooky season. I hope this sells like pumpkin spice this season!

3 Likes

Thank you again for your kind words!

I did learn a lot from gamedev.tv and community and am hoping that this kinds of posts will help others too - to see the actual production process of game asset creation. This is not something that you can really observer anywhere as it’s multi-month process so no YT video or on-line course can really cover that. Plus making those kinds of video/courses would probably not be very profitable, so there isn’t much financial to make them.

Showing the actual scope of “mega pack” like that is the problem. One more reason not to do them in the future (I really, really need to stop myself from “I’ll just do one more model”). I’ve watched a few reviews of the Nature pack (which in itself could be called ‘mega pack’ - most low poly nature packs are 1/4th of it’s size) - and most of them were surprised after opening overview map about how much stuff there is there.

Privacy & Terms