Introductions

Hi everyone,

I signed up for this course as well as a few others to try to learn coding – I want to be able to create some cool games for myself and “maybe” my grandchildren even though they are into games that are a lot more high tech than I could probably ever make. Anyway, I think it can be fun to learn.

Oh, and by the way, I’m from Alabama.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I’m João Emanuel, I’d rather y’all call me Coverllyncho or just Cover. Im from Brazil, and Im here because I want to make a game for my final project at university.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m a visual artist developing my game dev skills. 28 years old, from Puerto Rico.

1 Like

Me too

Nice!

Hi there
I am Tiff, originally come from China, trained as interior designer and learned a little bit art history at Philadelphia, now live at New York City and study Design and Technology at Parsons.

Glad to meet you guys and learn new stuff!!

Hey Everyone,
I’ve never programed before but I am really excited to take this course!

Hi all, from South Africa. Keen to get going :]

Hello everyone! Glad to see so many active users. Coming from Upstate New York! Good Luck!

Hi everyone,
I’m Gary from Colorado, USA. I’m new to the game dev scene; I’m currently a web developer for an atmospheric research company where we want to develop some new interactions in Unity for our users. Excited to learn and get started! Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
I’m from Hungary. I want to make games since I know my mind and I want to be a coder since the age of twelve. At the time I’m writing this i’m eighteen years old. I worked as a programmer instructor for 1 year I teached Scratch, AppInventor and unity basics. I also will have a new job as a programmer instructor at a different place in a month. Also I recently became member of an indie game dev team. In the future I want to work for some big game making companies and later on make my own company. I first started programming in Game Maker Studio and it was really hard for me to get used to unity, that’s why this course is such a big deal for me. I’m always looking forward to the newly made lectures :slight_smile:

Hey all. Been a Unity developer for quite a while now but feel like I needed a course to put me on the right track about some aspects of Unity that research on my own has been difficult on such as raycasts and more.

Look forward to taking part in this and helping out in forums!

Hello to all the new faces since the last time I was in this thread! Welcome! It’s great to see fresh blood^H^H^H^H^H bodies in the pool!

@Lemint I have gone off the rails lately. I’ve been working on “Project Boost”, but my ‘scenery’ includes some drone fish; I gather it’s unconventional (due to performance issues) but I’ve been using raycasts with the drones for pathing (so they avoid obstacles). From what I can tell, raycasts are usually reserved for things like: determine where a player is “shooting”, for the purpose of applying damage, destruction, impact effects, etc.

Brackeys has a video specifically for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnivyG0Mvo&t=3s

But if you have any other questions, try me… I might have some ideas based on what I’ve been doing (Basically, I have N drones in a scene, and they take turns doing raycasts (six each) for obstacle avoidance.) Here is a demo of some early experimenting with the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCe_iFqrBa4

Thanks for the info regarding raycasts! Very cool demo. Might attempt something similar. Been subbed to Brackeys for a while now, great channel but didn’t know they made a video on raycasts so i’ll go straight to checking that out now

After getting close to the end of Terminal Hacker, I’ve realised just how unefficient my code has been before and I think using stuff like enums is just what I was looking for rather than things like Raycasts and more things that I thought was what I needed to learn. Enjoying the course a lot so far and looking forward to hammering down on more of it tomorrow.

Hi everyone

I’m a Senior Lecturer from UWE Bristol in the UK and am about to kick off a brand new masters programme in Virtual Reality, so am here brushing up on my own technical skills before the students arrive in the new year!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Verity.

/waves from Bristol also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Rodrigo, from Chile. I’ve always been into videogames as a player, bu now I want to take it a step further and learn to create games, so hopefuly I can make a living out of it.
Having a nice time so far with the course.
Best regards, good luck everyone!

1 Like

Howdy!

I’m Austin from Atlanta. I took a break from coding over the past year to finish school and now I’m back moving my art to the next level! Looking to get into level design to provide people with some memorable experiences

Cheers~

1 Like

Hello there , i’m Luigi, from Italy :slight_smile:
Here to learn about Unity both for myself and for an exam :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi!

My name is Jack, I currently work in QA and want to move over to Design!

I hope this course will help me make that happen.

Good luck everyone!
Jack

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms