Introductions

Hey Everyone,
I’ve been tinkering around with making games for a few years now. I live in the state of Utah from the United States and really enjoy coding and making games and want to brush up on my Unity skills for a new game I’m working on. I loved the first edition of this class and look forward to what this new one has to over.

6 Likes

Howdy everyone! From central Texas. Here to learn Unity and create some educational games. Looking forward to the course!

3 Likes

hi

3 Likes

What’s up?
Been coding on and off for ever now and finally have the time to give it my full attention. Always enjoyed programming in highschool, so it’d be great to really get into it and take it serious. Currently living in MO wrking weekends, so i plan to use my weekdays more productively to excel my skills for the future.

1 Like

Hello,
Keith here from York in the UK, new to games programming but not to IT. I worked as a programmer and support person for many years on a variety of systems IBM, Unix, PCs etc. I retired a while ago and have been looking at ways to continue to use computing for interest and possibly a bit of supplementary income. TBH I am looking at Unity as more than a games platform, I would like to use it for educational interaction particularly for VR and AR applications in the historical environment (I have an archaeology degree). Having said that I am not averse to games programming and am also interested in board and wargames simulations, not to mention a long standing interest in AI. So I am hoping this course will work as a basis for learning Unity and use it as a platform for exploring these interests.

2 Likes

Hi
My name is Scott, i’m from Oregon but now living in Arizona, I am new to programming but have a dream of having a game on steam and I plan on achieving that dream. I am glad to be apart of this community and hope to be an active member.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m Jenny. I live in Virginia and I’m a web developer wanting to learn about game development. I mostly do front-end development with AngularJS. I’m looking forward to learning how to work with Unity and make some fun stuff!

3 Likes

Hi guys. My name’s Byron and I’m a composer and sound designer. I took this course so that I can learn to create my own games and implement audio into them for practice. I signed up for the Unity course and can’t wait to get into it!

2 Likes

Hello Gamedev community!
My name is Jacob and I’m a musician and game lover, looking to expand my skills to include coding and video game creation. My ultimate goal is to create games and multi-media content that challenge the ways in which people think about important issues, such as climate change, lgbt rights, and women’s rights.

I want to dismantle stigmas within, and about, the game community and create art that changes our world.
I look forward to taking this course and participating in the forums!

2 Likes

Hi! waves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good day All, I’m from Calgary, Alberta. Just starting out in Unity and particuarly C#. Looking forward to the course.
Cheers

1 Like

Hey there! I’m Sean, from the Netherlands. I’ve been wanting to get into game development for years but never really knew where to start so this is the perfect opportunity to finally make it happen. The course is looking promising so far.

I’m hoping to be a bit active in this community as I think it’s a great and fun way to stay engaged, focused and motivated for the course.

2 Likes

Hey all. I’m Gareth, from North Wales. I’ve been programming on and off since I was 5 years old on my trusty ZX Spectrum (I’m now in my early 40s), and now work mainly with SQL and Reporting Services, but do a little bit of C# and Javascript programming alongside (also currently learning the Angular framework). I’ve always been interested in game development but have never really been any good at it. I think my last attempt to learn any of this, aside from a very brief look at XNA about 10-15 years ago, was through AMOS on the Amiga back in the mid 1990s. I decided to give Unity a try a few weeks ago and have followed a few YouTube tutorials, so I know the very basics, but this course looked good so I signed up. Following a course like this is better than individual YT videos that have little structure. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi all. Im Phil from the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I am an electrical engineer by trade but have always been interested in game development both physical and digital. I picked up Unity as a free way to extend my hobby and thought this course would be the best way to get some structured content.

1 Like

Hi, I am Per from Sweden. I want to learn Unity and C# in order to make games, in particular Educational/serious games.

1 Like

hi hows it going everyone, i’m Josh from UK. This is the first time i’ve ever learned code or anything to do with gaming, apart from playing them.
so i’ll be proof if i can learn code, anyone can.

wondering if someone could post an up-to-date inv for discord chat, the link in the resources wont work, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi i am Larry from Hong Kong. Hoped to develop some thing big and start a company related to VR to experience to true power of VR. This will be one step of mine towards the goal. Hope i can achieve what i targeted at.

2 Likes

Hello all! I’m Anton, from Ukraine. I always wanted to develop games, and now i’m excited about this course and opportunity that it presents.

1 Like

Hi Larry!
I’m also from Hong Kong! I just sign up for the course and looking forward to it very much. I’m also very excited about VR and I can see it’s potential not only in games. Anyway, just wanted to say “hi”, and I wish you the best of luck in the course.

1 Like

Greetings!

Total newbie to game design here. Based in Shenzhen, China atm but originally from the UK.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms