Introductions

Hi all,

I am from Canada and I am intrigued by this class. I don’t know how serious I am about learning coding yet, this is mostly an experiment for me. I just finished my law degree, but I am interested in the AI industry and I would love to be able to understand the technicalities behind that. I need to learn coding if I want to have any hope of getting there!

Take care

Hey. I’m Jake from St. Louis and go by Bingleheimer across social media platforms (look me up if you feel the need or want to see some of my art). I’m a 2d/3d animator and musician getting into game dev.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Stacy and live in the Bay Area. New to game development but excited about starting this journey. My background is primarily in Graphic Design and Motion Design. I’ve always been interested in game development but finally decided to take the dive and pursue it seriously. Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

1 Like

Hi all,

I'm just getting started to this course but i'm already loving the idea of diving into C#. I'm an aspiring Audio Engineer from Phoenix, AZ looking to break in to the gaming community. I would like to thank you all in advance for your helpful criticisms and advice as I seek it.

Lincoln C.

Hello! I’m Jaren, I’m from Alaska and live in Seattle now, enjoying a nice cloudy breezy night with a bit of drizzy driz and a view of six different cranes from my window. My background is in web dev and devops, but I’ve always been interested in game development. I want to become a creator and partake in this culture of fun and storytelling. I’m seeking that sense of fulfillment, to make things that bring happiness, enjoyment, an escape, and bring people together with our shared love of games. I’m finally taking the plunge, and I’m excited to share my experience with you all!

1 Like

Hello everyone.
My name Is Caleb I am from Ohio. I am looking to get back into coding. I’ve always had an interest in game development and decided what better way to get back into coding then by doing something i find interesting.

Hello everyone!
A short introduction to myself then :grinning:

My name is Raoul, and I’m from the Netherlands. I work as an IT engineer and gaming has been my hobby for quite some time. As I want to develop my skills, and get a bit more insight in other things, I’m trying out the course.

Good luck to all of you!

Raoul

1 Like

Ayyye nice to meet you all

Hello! My name is Aleksey Borisov, I’m from Moscow, Russian Federation.
As an author of developing game project Real Universe (aka Our Universe) I lead the team of enthusiast of space exploration. Here in our game we have 4 main concepts. 1. No WAR. Absolutely. There are tons of games with blasters and angry aliens. 2. Real present and future space missions. From our days till XXIII Century, finding Second Home on Titan in late story. The history of originally Russian but later global Space Agency KORONA. 3. Educational content. Like school material from Astronomy course… but in the game. 4. The Science fiction matter… known now as The Great Filter. In the game it is named the IF. (or Irresistible Factor)… If overcomes Humanity… or not. Depends on players success.

So that will be an RPG with elements of strategy and simulation. May be little similar to XCOM and Anno series, something from Take on Mars and Mars Colony Challenger.

Now we are making alpha-version. Which is about expedition on Mars in 2037 or may be bit later…
This is the first half of storyline, near the middle.

I’m who make most of 2D design and big part of 3D models. I started learning 3D modeling a year ago and achieved some skills. More to learn, but now I feel need to gain programming skills.

Here are some my recent models.

Making a game on enthusiasm in time free from main job puts some specific rules. And our programmers do all they can, but some times it is not enough. So I begin programming learning myself.

So I wish all students success and luck here in learning!

If you like our project, if you wish to help us in developing it, send me a message!

Thank you! Let’s go on! And make the dreams become real.

3 Likes

Hello All,

I am a programmer already, however, I am not a game programmer. I wish can create games on the side. Nice seeing you all here.

Sincerely,
Huy T.

Hello,

I have been programming for a while but I wanted to pick up game programming/dev as a hobby.

I am hoping to be able to contribute to some games in the future.

Hey guys,

Well i’m Daniel, from Portugal! :smiley: I took a course of programing a few years ago, learned the language Pascal in school but i didn’t continue as work. So when i was a young boy i dreamed of being a video game developer… but i lost in track along the way and now here i am trying to get back to the dream i once had! :slight_smile: wish you all a wonderfull life! Stay strong!

Hi all! New one here. I started the game dev track many years ago but got distracted. Currently in IT management but pursuing my CS Bachelor’s and taking some Unity/C# stuff between semesters. Getting back on course for the dream…

Heya,

I have ideas for games and no one else is going to make them if I don’t. So here I am, learning how to do that.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am Javier, an Industrial Engineer and Web Developer. I am from Spain but live in the Bay Area.

Since programming has always fascinated me, I completed a Full Stack Coding Program at UC Berkeley to develop my coding skills and become a developer.

I just enrolled in the Unity Developer 3D course and I am so excited about making my own video game!

See you around,

Javier

Greetings y’all.

I’m a hillbilly from the mountains of Eastern Ky. (Yes, really) I’m mainly using learning C# as an excuse for working with Unity.

Hello from Athens, Greece!

Hello. I have experience with actionscript 3.0, I made a game using Starling. Hoping this course will be more up to date and user friendly, also looking forward to coding in 3D.

Hi All. From London UK. Long time coder (not c#) but newish to Unity. Like some others did a large chunk of the 2D course a while back but got distracted some way through! Now deciding to pick things up again with this course.

Hello everyone. I’m Jason. I’m 42, originally from Nevada (USA) but am currently living in Vietnam working as an English teacher. I am here to start learning coding so someday I can NOT be an English teacher. It’s an important job but not my cup of tea.

Anyway, nice to “meet” you

Privacy & Terms