Introductions

Hello everyone. From central California. Background in some computer science with strong skills in Lua/Python scripting. My son’s have convinced me to attempt to make a very quick and easy dungeon crawler type game over the summer as a project. Hope to have at least a “playable” game by the end :).

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I’ve been interested in coding since I could reach a keyboard, but never fully focused on it. I intend to change that and the Unity course looks great for that. I look forward to being a part of the community!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m excited to learn unity! I’ve played around with mobile and web dev - but very excited to learn games.

1 Like

Hello from Denver, Colorado. I’m new to all of this, so will try to find answers before I post. I’ve already been confused multiple times and i’m still in the introduction of 2.0. Yikes! I’m looking forward to the journey. :persevere:

1 Like

My instinct was to completely ignore this “introduce yourself” business, but I’m trying to change some fairly fundamental things about myself (and also maybe make some niche computer games), so here I am. I have no relevant skills!

1 Like

Hey there everybody,

I’m christoph from germany, and I’m very excited to get into C# coding.
I’d love to create something unique on a mobile or console platform. something to enrich someone. hope to get in touch with some of this community.

greets,
chris

4 Likes

nice, das erste “abstraktere” Entwicklererlebnis hatte ich auch mit dem Tomb Raider Editor^^

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m James, currently in Derbyshire UK, soon to be in NYC. I have a background in filmmaking and VFX. I’ve recently become more interested in interactive storytelling, and figured Unity would be a great place to explore.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello folks.

I’m John, a developer from Seattle, WA. I worked in the game industry for 5 years and then took a 3 year break; I’m taking courses to get my skills back and hopefully get back in to games again.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
I’m Matthew, a soon to be developer in NYC. I am taking this course to learn more about game development and to learn C#. I took the Unreal Engine course and learned so much from that course. I have no doubt i will learn a lot more from this course as well.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
I’ve always wanted to pick up making games as a hobby but im also taking this course to learn some C# to help me professionally. Just a college student trying to figure out what he wants to do. Later into the course I’d hope to team up with some of you!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
My name is Eric, I live in Canada. I took Game Development in college, 10 years ago, but then didn’t do anything with it. But recently, game development has been beckoning me to come back, so I’m currently trying to brush up on the new tools of the industry in order to start putting together a portfolio and seeing where it takes me. Happy to be here!

4 Likes

Hello. Kirsten here from Missouri, USA smack dab in the middle of the mid-west.
I’m a complete newbie to coding, Unity, and game development. I wanted to learn something new and this course looked like a lot of fun.

So far, I’ve spent a lot of time getting lost in the 3D-verse in Unity. I keep losing my objects, deleting the whole thing, and starting over.

I’m curious to see how much I can learn and I’m looking forward to seeing your projects and playing some games.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Justin Horner. I’m a software engineer primarily focused on Web/Mobile apps, tools, and services. I started programming for games as a sophomore in high school which lead my career path shortly after.

I’m here to get back into game development with Unity/Unreal so I can focus more on gameplay programming instead of engine development. I’m happy to be here and look forward to sharing the journey with everyone.

Let’s have some fun.

1 Like

Hey guys! I’m Caleb from Sunny California! I’ve been always interested in game development (especially Unity) and decided to try this course out. I hope I can become a successfull game developer some day.

1 Like

Hello there,

My name is Scott. I am currently a web developer, but am very passionate about games. I would love to be able to transition from web to game dev sometime in the future, but I know I need a strong foundation and understanding first. That’s where my interest in this course comes in. I look forward to growing with all of you and appreciate any support you are willing to give!

1 Like

Hey everyone. My name is Josh. I am currently living in the central Texas area. I have a couple years of college under my belt, and I finally have the time to dedicate myself fully to my studies and programming. I have always been interested in game development and strive to land a job with a company someday. It has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I look forward to learning with you all and am always open to any feedback you may have! Please critique me, I am ready for the challenge!

2 Likes

Well, hello people
I’m Sören, a high schooler from France who wish to know how to code to maybe makes games in the future
I only know the basics of Unity and C#, but I hope this course will help me to reach my goal!
Oh, nad I made a bit of Python before too.

I got on thing I want to do on unity, I know I can’t do it yet, but that’s still an objective I really want to achieve!

3 Likes

Hello, you can call me Ether. I’m a recently graduated English major bachelor who likes to read, write, and play video games. Now that I have more time to myself after the high stress environments of university life, I’m hoping to take some time to focus on improving myself. my hope is to learn how to code and make games so that I can apply my creative writing skills to the form of media that has brought me more joy than any other, as well as hopefully take my first step in the industry once I’ve built my skills up enough.

1 Like

Hey guys! My name is Jonathan and I am currently a first-year student at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I was originally born in Ecuador and lived there for a good chunk of my life, but my second home would be Colorado. I am a computer science major and I’m interested in learning how to program and design games, websites, applications, etc. As a first-year student, I still have much to learn but I hope that through the courses I’m currently taking and the classes that I will be taking in the future that I will be able to improve in all these areas. I am excited to learn more and I hope that I can get to know some of the community here as well!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms