Installation and Set up

On my windows computer the code from your first program doesn’t work, either i get no result when i follow the instructions or a failure message regarding a missing dll when i try to use the generated exe as described here: Your First Program - #2 by bbhart

I have a second computer, in this case a Linux computer (Ubuntu). If i want to install raylib, I have 3 different options: static, dynamic or web. Does anyone have experience with this course on a Linux computer? dynamic is the recommended, but I do not know if this is the correct choice for this course setup…

Edit1:
The windows problem adressed above is solved.
The focus for this ticket is on Linux (Ubuntu) setup.
I have chosen dynamic as it was recommended by raylib, but now I have the problem that the compiler does not find the lib, guess I will also need tu update the enviroment variable here.
I will try this on Saturday.

On Windows just add C:\Raylib\mingw\bin to your user or system path variables. Program will run fine.
Hope it helps.

Hi Jens,

Can you show us what the error message is? It would help me (and others) come up with a solution to your problem.

I had similar problems with the first program because I had created my first cpp file in the folder .vscode and it should have been created in the root directory of the project maybe it’s the same problem?

This was also the solution for the first failure, thanks you.
The topic here is how to setup and configure the course for Linux (Ubuntu).

I give up on this topic, i tried several things but I always receive the same error messages.
In the file c_cpp_properties.json “<path_to_raylib>/src/” was not found and “usr/bin/clang” was not found.
In the past I also got the message that Vulcan was not found, that problem could be solved by following the installation instructions.
The instructions from the raylib side for Ubuntu didn’t help.

I’ve learnt that brew is now available on Linux too. Could you try following the mac instructions (I know that sounds mad) and see how far you get?

@sampattuzzi I will try on weekend

@sampattuzzi
There was a new video available in the C++ course for Mac (and Linux) setup, including homebrew.

I guess this topic here can be closed.

I created another topic with relationship to the new setup video.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms