First run

I installed homebrew on Linux, installed VSCode, installed raylib with homebrew, downloaded the first concepts-master from your git, went to terminal and selected run build task with the following result:

Executing task in folder first-concepts-master: make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP BUILD_MODE=DEBUG <

make game
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/jens/Dokumente/GameDev/first-concepts-master“ wird betreten
make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Ziel „main.c“,
benötigt von „game“, zu erstellen. Schluss.
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/jens/Dokumente/GameDev/first-concepts-master“ wird verlassen
make: *** [Makefile:375: all] Fehler 2
The terminal process “make ‘PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP’, ‘BUILD_MODE=DEBUG’” failed to launch (exit code: 2).

Roughly translated: no rule exist for target main.c creation, required by game.
Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

@StephenUlibarri
What are the next steps?

@Jens I’ve got an Ubuntu VM up and running so that I could test the template out on Linux. I’ve made one or two tweaks so that now it will work on Linux if you install raylib using homebrew.

You will need a few prerequisites. On Ubuntu these would be

sudo apt-get install build-essential curl git

Then you can install Homebrew same as on Mac and should be able to run the new template just fine.

Let me know if that works for you too.

Thank you for the response!
This weekend i am sailing, I will try on Sunday evening.

Enjoy!

All programs were already installed, I tried to create a new program based on the new template, now it works.

Thank you for the support!

Brilliant. Glad it’s working.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms