Initial Shop Window

I want to make sure I didn’t fall asleep during a lecture. He had mentioned that we’d fix the glitch with the first time you click on a shop it loads blank. I noticed that before he did in the lecture as I have been humming along quite well anticipating and working ahead. It’s strange that a few times this glitch did not happen to me but now is back to reliably happening. I thought maybe the RefreshUI updates would fix it but they have not.

I DO notice that every time he goes in game there is some clear editing that happens to where he is right there with the shop window open so I imagine it is still happening to him at this point in the lecture. It is a real head scratcher to me why it is doing this. I can’t figure it out on my own so far, either.

I also want to piggyback on this for a new error I keep getting.

I am aware of the ridiculous error when editing the UI that can be avoided if you disable viewing the entire Environment parent object. That’s not a problem.

But I am getting a new NullReference (that I THINK has been around since I spliced in the UI from the commit). It doesn’t appear to break anything but is always around:

Seems to only be an editor issue. But just curious what that could be.

That’s a Unity Editor issue that happens from time to time. The most common fix is to reset the layout.

1 Like

You know what? I bet it is from saving layouts in other editors where I have tools like the Brocoli tree generator and stuff. Those editor windows don’t exist and I loaded them in this project because I have everything else where I want it. Makes sense.

And my other question naturally was answered a few lectures later. The hilarious thing is that I noticed that Quest UI component when I was splicing in the inventory from the commit. It needed updated so I did :joy:

Privacy & Terms