Final bowling scene

Still haven’t figured out how to make renders look better hehe.
But here’s my scene.
Hopefully will learn texturing soon so the final scene would look even more amazing!

Here is my bowling final scene! who knows how to make them all shinny and with a reflection on the floor??

2 Likes

This is great!

Wonderful! Can’t wait to get further in the course to learn more about materials and texturing… I like this one!!

Here’s my very simple scene! I wish i knew more about rendering at this point, seeing what many of you guys came up with! :wink:

simple render without textures + mirror

1 Like

material - mirror - reflectivity

Hi everyone, This is my final scene, For some reason the origins in my pins got messed up so I had to trouble shoot the rotation and it feels like the scene took way too long to make! Haha. I was pretty proud of it, I know I need to perfect the lighting and I was hoping to get some shaders and difusers on it but now, I feel like its not as good as some other peoples work. Oh well, I did what I could. Any advise would be great. Also, I plan on going back over this project once I have a handle on shaders and nodes and all that fun stuff. Please tell me what you guys think…

Pre Collision: (also not rendered)

My Final Rendered Collision:

Like I said, I need to work on the lighting but its not bad…

3 Likes

1 Like

My bowling scene.

Final scene :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m about as good at math as my calculator is at making coffee. I pulled up the same ref that Michael did showing the placement and the exact distance of the pins in relation to each other.

I found it at https://www.thoughtco.com/bowling-pin-rack-420521

Even with the measurements from the website, I had a hard time figuring out how to scale them to the pins, so I eyeballed it. Though I made sure the measurements were constant, I think they’re too tightly spaced.

I used an array modifier on the head pin that produced pins 3, 6 and 10. I used an array on the 10 pin that produced pins 7-9. I used an array modifier on the 7 pin that produced pins 2 & 4 and I did the same with the 4 pin that produced the 5 pin.

2 Likes

That’s great! I like the dramatic lighting in the first panel as well as the sweat drop on the pin. The impact crater and the flattened pin in the third panel look awesome! I know you wanted more drama on the pin, but it being flattened out also works. :+1:

I didn’t want to mess with anything lane-related since I set the scene on an angle. The previous comment about how to lock camera to view and then edit it was really helpful for getting the final rendered shot. :slight_smile:
Looking forward to learning about textures; some of the results where folks are using textures and extra shading are amazing!

1 Like

Tried to do some simple scene myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

the highly anticipated (by me and me only…probably) final render of my bowling scene.

9 Likes

WOW, like 300 responses. Good Job. You are all fantastic. here was my last bowling set.

5 Likes

Seems that 300 bowling alleys aren’t enough, so here’s mine!

4 Likes

Great work! Pin Pals!

Everyone is so cool!! Here is what happens when I play… :unamused:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms