Final bowling scene

Here’s my result. I played with simulating, collision and rigid bodies. So this is a simulated still where I had the ball really slam into the pins.

All those shiny reflections @_@

Here’s my shot at a single lane which can be duplicated and stitched together to make an entire alley.

close-up of the ball, showing the gutters:

The back actually has a box the pins can fall into:

And a few lanes next to each other :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s mine.

4 Likes

My bowling alley, rendered with cycles, and a emissive rooftop for light :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my bowling scene, used a template to help place the pins, making sure that there are 30cm (3BU) between the center of each pin. Using arrays, I was able to ensure that all the pins were place at equidistant intervals.

Here is the scene with the ball going through the pins

There are some great looking renders here… can’t figure out how to do any of them yet though, or the fancy physics… so bog standard Blender Render with free-handed guesswork on pin rotation from me…

1 Like

I had fun doing this, and I’m enjoying the course. I’m a kickstarter supporter from way back, so I’m happy to finally be getting these done! You guys did a great job!

On to the next!

Rendered and screen cap.

Thats My Shot

I just expiremented with Cycles! First time i used it!

1 Like

This is my “final” scene.

3 Likes

Here’s my shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

I made various distributions for the pins

I see very good renders, congratulations to everyone, here is mine, I added a Simpsons reference so it didn’t look so flat. :grin:

Looking forward to learn more about textures :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Here is my bowling alley

Built the scene up a little, pleased with how it’s turned out.

2 Likes

Mine:)

1 Like

Really enjoying the lectures on Blender! Will definetly get back into this once I have more time to play around with my bowling alley scene. So I finished adding stuff to my scene which took 2 hours to do.

Very nice!

As always, I’m so impressed with the other submissions. Here’s mine:

ruhg row

There were so many effects I wanted to add to it but I’m not sure how to implement them.
I wanted to crack and fracture the impact area of the ball to make it look like a crater hole and to have a particle effect of dust and debris around the center. And instead of just squishing the pin I wanted to have it explode into little pieces.

edit Got the crater but I’m still a bit unsure about making a realistic “Time Frozen” dust cloud.

15 Likes

Privacy & Terms