Extended moment video: 22 minutes of initial gameplay

I am getting close to the end of the course. Currently I am watching a lecture, then making days of changes before watching the next one. So it’s like running from the starting line only to crawl to the finish line.

There are a few glitches that seem persistent. E.g. I use a third-party A-star pathfinder and it likes to make the player be like what Robert A. Heinlein wrote in the (book version, not the movie) of Starship Troopers: “When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.” Another glitch is (though I thought I fixed it but it needs work) when I hold A and Z keys to zoom in and out momentarily, it “fights” with the “auto zoom in when in close combat, and auto zoom out when done”. The keys held down should take priority but I guess the logic isn’t quite logical and needs work. Both glitches appear in the video a few times.

So, Sam suggested 10 minutes. I just worked to a logical stopping point (first boss battle) and video’d it (with OBS Studio and nVidia Director–requires nVidia card of course–to do the “automatic software green screen” which works 95% well; both are free) and it was just under 22 minutes.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the gameplay videos. Keep up the awesome work !

Privacy & Terms