Connecting the Upper arms problem: please help(Solved)

Okay, I think I made my lamp far too complicated :frowning: So, I have done rigging and constraining the lower arms of the lamp. however, I do not know how to connect the two upper arms. I do not know how or where to parent the middle plate/joint. :frowning: Is it possible to have two parents for one bone? Can one object parent two bones? or should I reconstruct my bones arrangement? I’ve been circling this issue for hours and couldn’t find for a solution, so I’m not sure if this is possible.

I have added a video here. I hope you can see my problem. I really want to push through with this design, but if it’s not possible. I’ll just redo it again from the start (sigh)
I guess I went to far out of the topic. But I just really want to learn by exploring things. Would be extremely grateful if anyone can see this post or for anyone who could help me :slight_smile:

Video here:

Screenshot:

Here’s the lamp I want to copy:

Here’s the part I don’t know how to rig:

There was another who had a similar lamp to your’s who didn’t know how to rig it. I dug up the thread for you.

Here’s another that might help too.

It really depends on how you want that joint to move. It its not to move independently then join it to another part of the lamp. If it is to move independently I would parent the two bones on offset to the bone the joint will be parented to and see how that works out.

1 Like

NixeKnox
Thank you so much for the help!! it really helped me a lot! :slight_smile: you’re awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve finally figured it out :slight_smile: Here’s a video of my lamp rigged:

Thank you so much for your great help :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms