Cinemachine State Driven cameras changing from Orthographic bug - Work Around Found!

Now I am sure many of you have run into this bug while going through Tilevania, and I would love to hear how you got around it, but I have found a method that seems to be working. This bug was affecting me really bad, and every time I hit play; Then 2/3 of my cameras would change from Orthographic to FOV. After messing around with it for awhile though I noticed something; If I activated that camera state(IE running to activate run camera); Then it would switch back to Orthographic, but only while in play mode. I knew this was the key, but as we all know anything you do while in play mode reverts; HOWEVER there is a handy option in virtual cameras that lets you save while in play mode. So now you can mess with your orthographic camera in play mode, and even though the text will switch to FOV while in the editor; It will still be an Orthographic camera in play mode.

TLDR;
Step 1: Enable Save during Play in the virtual cameras inspector
Step 2: Activate the problem camera in play mode. IE Running for the run camera.
Step 3: Check your inspector, and it should now be an Orthographic Camera

Let me know what you guys think!

To add to this, once you get the cameras to display the Orthographic option, you can disable the Save during Play option to prevent the camera from going back to 3D.

Privacy & Terms