Cannot get the new PDF resource

2021-08-04T16:44Z The new PDF resource for Lecture 2 gets me a cannot download the resource message and it fails. I would ask this in the Q&A but Udemy won’t let me do that - it takes me to FAQ that says contact the instructor but does not let me make a Q&A question. Grrrrrr.

Do I have to rewatch the lecture first?

PS: I am using the latest Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10. Is this gonna be one of those “You should use browser blah-blah-blah” situation?

PPS: 2021-08-04T17:24Z I have rewatched the Lecture 2 video and it seems to be smoothed up although it still does cloning of vscode-template, which requires git of course. So the changes promised in the notice that went out earlier today have apparently not been made at Udemy yet. The new PDF resource still does not download. Rewatching the video now grates even more with those "If you don’t know what a blah-blah is… " time-wasters, when there are simple statements that could have been made about what a library is and also what a compiler is, without deep-ending.

UPDATE: 2021-08-04T21:08Z I did succeed in downloading the PDF. I’ve done the “main” template setup and also the “raylib” one. I customized things to to have names and locations that work better for me. I have not watched the replaced video. I am moving on to Section 2 Lecture 5. My goal is to figure out how to use raylib in making graphical applications. I think that’s great and something I have been yearning for. I may revert to using VC++ and getting native compiles without the MingW cruft, once I figure out how to build a native Windows library.

Hi orcmid,
A new installation video is now up. Please take a look. It’s got all the instructions from the PDF and walks through it. It’s uploaded on Udemy and we’re getting it on the other platforms.
Stephen

1 Like

@StephenUlibarri I have left the course. I could not find a way to tell you privately. All I will say here is my considered opinion that this course is not Beginner ready. And I am impressed and favorable concerning the use of raylib. For myself, I will just use the raylib tutorials. I wish you success.

@orcmid I’m very sorry to hear that, and I do apologize for the issues we were having with the course. The instructions are now much clearer if you decide to give it another go. If not, I completely understand and wish you the best.
Stephen

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms