BullCowGame could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually

BullCow Compile Error

I didn’t get a log file like a past post author was able to upload, BullCowGame could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

Here is information about my VS Code version since a comment in the above post mentioned it.
VS code info

The author said that they uninstalled VS 2017, so I’m thinking of going that route but just wanted to get confirmation just in case I’m missing anything.
Plus, it’s a bit weird that VS has to be uninstalled, won’t I need it after?
I’m a bit confused on the solution from that post, if anyone could shed a light on to my issue, that would be highly appreciated!

Could you show the contents of the log in Saved > Logs?

That just says “still can’t build” essentially. Could you provide the other logs?

Sorry but there are no other log files in the Log folder, here’s a new log in case you can see a relevant difference:

Could you show me an example of where the other logs may be? Name of the folder it would be in?

Judging by that path you didn’t unzip it. Where did you save the zip and where did you extract it to?

I thought I unzipped it before, by I unzipped it now and now it works.

The only little thing that stands out to me now is that after the successful build, the Unreal Game Engine Editor window popped up a smaller window with a message log saying “Failed to load /Game/Levels/Level1_BuiltData.Level1_BuiltData Referenced by PersistentLevel”.
I’m hoping this is in reference to the previous times where I built from the Unreal file in the unzipped folder.
Just want to be sure that I’m not setting myself up for a trip later on is all :slight_smile:

Here is a screenshot:

Just save the level.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms