Be the first to post for 'Moving Files from LFS to Git'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

So I have had a massive problems with this and the next lecture. So much so that my advice for anyone else who has problems with their projects is to skip them and get the teachers versions with sourcetree like this guy did.

then checkout TG51 to lfs or not to lfs? generate the visual studio files. then launch and rebuild the project to correct the navmesh, like this guy did.

1 Like

Sorry you had so much trouble Robert, getting an “ideal” source control solution for Unreal is pretty tricky it seems. Glad you’re able to continue

With the benefit of time and distance, and the fact that source control has saved my own project twice already, I do think these lectures are important. That being said, I think a warning to do this and the next two lectures in one sitting, or just combine all three lectures would be good. I think alot of my problems came when after this lecture I was trying by myself to get the project back to a working state, instead of continuing to follow Sam’s progress.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback Robert

They have talked about making the UAssets text based which will make a massive difference when using Git with Diff. That day can’t come soon enough.

Justin

You mean Epic ?

Privacy & Terms