Be the first to post for 'How To Use This Course'!

Hi everyone ! I’m currently on my first year at a game designing school and I really look forward to learn here :smiley:
I’m sorry if my english is not perfect, I’m french.

Well let’s have a fun time !

Hey everyone,

I’m Tony from Orlando, FL. I’m completely new to coding and game development. I’ve always wanted to learn how to code and maybe game design for fun, but have never motivated myself to attempt it until now. I’m nearing 35 and work in both customer service retail and photography. I’ve decided I want to do more with my life than work in retail, so I started teaching myself c# a week ago using a basic course I found. I was playing around in visual studio trying to figure how to make the beginning of a text adventure when I stumbled upon this course while seeking help on google. I realized this would be a much more entertaining way to learn coding than a basic course. So, here I am! If I only gain the ability to turn my other hobby of story writing into basic games, I will be happy. If I turn it into something much more, I’ll be happier. Here I go!

Hi everyone!

I’m Trevor from the Pacific Northwest in Canada. I am a Network Administrator and I’m looking to expand my skills with some programming.

I took the Complete Unity Developer 1.0 course, but got behind and things changed, so when I saw this I decided to start over again with the new version of Unity.

I’m looking forward to learning all over again and I can’t wait to see where this course goes!

Hello everyone, here is one of these introverts :grinning:

I’m Christian from Hannover, Germany. In the near future i will take a apprenticeship in a IT- related field. I think it would be great to translate the knowledge i’ll gain here at this course (and the former one) to this plan.
And of course i want to be able to give free rein to my creativity!

Because english is not my native language, it will take a while to me to be able to share with you, but i will challenge myself to do so.

Greetings,
Christian

Howdy y’all, Twister from Southern California. May of this year I had a vision to build a game/app that replicated the “Frist Robotics Competition” (FRC) experience. Being a newbie to gaming, C# and Unity, I researched the tools that were available. Unity fit the bill.
I worked through Unity Training Tutorials, YouTube Videos and all new free assets I could find. Then I received an Udemy discount offer. Reviewed Udemy courses and purchased Unity Networking from Scratch and RPG Core Combat Creator 2017. I completed Networking from Scratch and was half way through RPG Core Combat Creator when Complete Unity Developer 2.0 was offered. RPG Core Combat was placed on hold. A quick review of Developer 2.0 showed that it was just what the doctor ordered.

How I will use this course – Complete Unity Developer 2.0 was just what I need. The breakdown of C# to its basic elements, step by step instruction showing the structure of these elements and the reasons why you would do it a certain way, the detailed process of developing the game (from concept through completion). Are exactly what I need to strengthen my foundation of what I have already learned. Ben’s training format starts with a comprehensive instruction for current task, then the pin point challenge to development your understanding. Concluding with a systematic review of the steps used to complete the current project.

Yes this is “Just what the Doctor ordered”.

Hello! This is my first experience with udemy. I have little to no background in developing. C# will be the first language I have encountered. Excited to learn.

Great to see everyone!

I have taken a few other courses from Ben and the experience has been wonderful. I’m excited to grow my skills farther with this course. I’m a girl that never outgrew video games and looking forward to making a few of my own, hopefully with others. :slight_smile: I wish everyone luck and hope to get to know you. You’re more than welcome to say hello back. Have a great day!

Jenn

Hey Twister,

I like the sound of your idea and hope you take it far. Nothing wrong with being new. Everyone starts somewhere. I think you’re right that the way to go is with C# and Unity. Best of luck and hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

Jenn

Hey all!

I started Ben’s courses with the first Unity course, and now I think I have pretty much all of Ben and co’s courses :smiley:

I started 2.0, because I am joining a very small game jam in a week, and I needed to dust off my basic C# and get used to the Unity 2017 interface. I’m hoping to finish Terminal Hacker today, and maybe the next project before the game jam!

1 Like

Hey all,

Wendy here from the Netherlands. I’m a young developer and decided to try out game development. I am hoping taking this course will the first step towards a career in game development. So, let’s get started :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

I’m Eric in Portland OR. I’m a web developer and experienced C# programmer. I’ve already completed the first few sections of this course but I wanted to introduce myself. My goal is to get some experience with game design and Unity. I would also like to build a small portfolio of games similar to my web portfolio and see if it leads anywhere!

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

Hey guys.

I’m James from the UK. I’m about halfway through the original course (just finished Glitch Garden) but I decided I should jump in to this one while it’s still relevant. As fun as it was, I hear his course is loads better, so I can’t wait to get in to it! I’m hoping to be a game coder primarily, but I’m also doing the 2D Game Artist course, so hopefully by the end of all this I’ll be set to start some projects myself!

1 Like

Hi!

I’m Stefano from Italy, this course got my interest since I was searching for a good, beginner course on Unity. This one looks really promising so far, let’s see how it goes!

1 Like

Hi Folks

I’m Mike from the UK. I’ve just started this course and am looking forward to getting stuck in to it. I’ve looked at Unity in the past but never really did anything with it, so hopefully this course will get me going in the right direction.

2 Likes

Hello, everyone. I want to learn C# here as well as Unity to get started with game development as well. I decided to choose this because I’m interested in C# and making games as well as applying hopefully some of my audio skills into programming jobs.

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m Marcus and have just started this course. Recently started being a “stay at home dad”. So I’m trying to use my sons nap times to get something usefull done!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Krishna from India. I’m very exited to take this course and and hopefully after this course I can start making my small indie games for mobile, which has been my small term dream for a while…! And also this is my first ever reply in any community forums. Glad that instructor told in video not be an introvert xD…

3 Likes

Hi! From Madrid Spain, apart from english you can also write to me in spanish, french & Mandarin Chinese.
I’m vey exited to take the first step to develop my idea, after years of thinking about it. I finally jumped to the pool!

2 Likes

Hi - Gareth here. I’m a developer living in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve done plenty of programming, but not much game development. Looking forward to learning new stuff.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms